News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

SHELVES

Started by stoneage, December 31, 2020, 05:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

I'm looking for some shelves that are at least 3 feet wide.  I would like for the shelves to be adjustable so they will handle the heights of different figures.  Also I would like to have them enclosed with glass doors on the front.  Any thoughts?

Ezikot

stoneage

Quote from: Ezikot on December 31, 2020, 10:26:53 AM
Ikea probably would be the cheapest solution:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/products/?q=billy

Thanks!  The problem would be that some of my sauropods would be too long or too tall to fit inside the shelves.  This would mean I'd have to put them on top.  I think the ceiling would be high enough.

Martwad

Quote from: stoneage on December 31, 2020, 06:40:19 PM
Quote from: Ezikot on December 31, 2020, 10:26:53 AM
Ikea probably would be the cheapest solution:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/products/?q=billy

Thanks!  The problem would be that some of my sauropods would be too long or too tall to fit inside the shelves.  This would mean I'd have to put them on top.  I think the ceiling would be high enough.

The shelves are adjustable on many of those Ikea options.

Mellow Stego

My Go-to has always been antique stores. You can find some really nice stuff in places like those

For example:  this one is over 6ft tall 5 glass shelves, three adjustable, and it lights up. Only $100. 

And
This one only cost me $125.
I think it was an old record/8track player case.

Course I just realized I got my meds in the pic... :-[

So check out the antique shops for some unique stuff.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego unrelated but I notice that Terra Cotta solider replica by your shelf.

Mellow Stego

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno Yeah my wife inherited her grandmother's belongings which consisted of a ton of Asian culture stuff. I'm talking stuff like bed frames, rugs, statues, paintings ect..
She really loved it. All real nice stuff so we're trying to take good care of it all. Which can be hard to do with a 1yr running around.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Mellow Stego on January 06, 2021, 11:26:36 PM
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno Yeah my wife inherited her grandmother's belongings which consisted of a ton of Asian culture stuff. I'm talking stuff like bed frames, rugs, statues, paintings ect..
She really loved it. All real nice stuff so we're trying to take good care of it all. Which can be hard to do with a 1yr running around.
Oooh, nice. Any other examples, maybe you can PM me?

Mellow Stego

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno would love to. Just give me some time do it. Then I'll PM you to not clog up this thread.

? @Stolpergeist Yeah I thought so too! The top shelf actually opens up completely and thats why I thought it was also a place to keep a record player. That pull out shelf, which can be open further, was so perfect for my NES collection. 

That's why I always point people toward antique shops because you never know what you'll find.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego My congratulations, you have some bookshelves and a luxurious house. Thank you for sharing these photos.

BlueKrono

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego
Beautiful display you've got there. Which Dunkleosteus statue is that on the shelf?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Mellow Stego

Subduction

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego
I have to agree with other people. Your display case is really fabulous. I also really love the footprint, the surrounding paints, and the two Asian statues! :D

EmperorDinobot

Target sells some pretty cheap, customizable shelves. They were a godsend when I had to rebuild my dinosaur area.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.