News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Classic MotU ... and other stuff

Started by Lanthanotus, January 18, 2021, 09:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

My son (6yrs) found three classic Masters of the Universe figures amongst my stuff, stowed away in the garage and was instantly hooked up.
Naturally my old love was enflamed again, I bought several more or less cheap vintage figures and restored their appearance and playability,
because all the stuff I collect - my dinosaurs aswell - are supposed to be handled and/or played with. Now, some of tha old stuff calls very
high prices, so for x-mas I deceided to build him a Castle Grayskull, rahter han buying one. And a few days ago we build a Fright Zone
together (dragon/snake replacement is on its way).

Before x-mas we finished our "brick studio" in the attic (well, 90% complete due to lockdown and closed hardwar stores) ....

... and I got myself "cheap" a Megaconstrux Castle Grayskull, damn what a nice build and with more play features than the original.

Oh, and as we are at the Barbarian Epoche.... got us an original HeroQuest board game. Easily accessible as a game, great setting with
figures and furnitures and exciting as hell, gotta love it.

Libraraptor

Yes, the good old Masters Of The Universe - days. I have many memories of those figures and how I managed to wrest money for those figures from my parents although they hated their stye and message. I liked Orko the most, the magician, he was so different from the usual shape and had a character totally out of this "fight" - approach. I ddn´t have any buildings or vehicle and no cats either. But I had Jitsu, He - Man, Skletor, Hordak, Orko. I remember ho great I found Modulok. The name creations on many of them were cool. too.
Well, yeah, congratulations to your new attic creative space! Enjoy!

Ezikot

Oh, those were the days!
I do not have anymore figures from my childhood, but I have bought some of them in the last few years (Zodac, Beast-man, Mer-man, ...). Their price is increasing faster also because a new movie should be produced soon.
A new line (called "MOTU origins", if my memory doesn't fail) is now available combining vintage design with "modern" joints.
I love your Castle Grayskull and your Fright Zone. You should share those pics on some motu addicted fans forum... I'm sure they would like them a lot.     

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.