News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EMPIRE OF DESTRUCTION, a New Prehistoric Video Game

Started by Loon, April 01, 2021, 08:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Looks like there's going to be an upcoming Kickstarter project that may be of interest to any of our gaming members.

It's a new prehistory based video game called Empire of Destruction.

Official synopsis:
QuoteJourney back to the Proterozoic eon in this new, cutting-edge simulator experience. In an unforgiving environment known as "hell world" it's float or die as you follow the unforgettable journey of an early benthic organism from the beginning of it's life to the bitter end in real time!

• Scientifically Accurate!
  • Realistic Floating!
  • Fungi!

Here's some more info from an interview with the game's creator, Jonathan Gaitt:
QuoteQ: Well, and this is a question that I've been dying to get an answer to, how do you play?

A: The thing is, you don't! This is a simulator of the first degree! All these people who say good games need interesting play mechanics are complete idiots. I'm the Elon Musk of gaming. No, not gaming, playable experiences. Except, as I said, you don't play this.

Q: Some people have compared this to a digital aquarium or a screen saver, something like that. Do you feel those are accurate descriptions?

A: What fools. Comparing some flash-in-the-pan screensaver to this experience is like putting the McDonald's drive-thru menu in the Louvre! Digital aquariums are not art. Digital aquariums do not feature highly accurate reconstructions of what may or may not be fungi! Digital aquariums don't cost $60!

Q: Well, when can people expect to back this new game, Empire of Destruction?

A: Experience. And the Kickstarter goes live on June 31.

This sounds awesome, I'll definitely be backing it when the time comes!

Subduction

Considering how many dinosaur survival games there are, this is a breath of fresh air! I wonder if the creator plans to include the early Paleozoic. If not, they definitely chose an interesting geological period. It's also interesting that this will be more of a simulator than a game with objectives. I definitely can't wait to see the kickstarter. Thank you for sharing this with everyone! :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.