News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

T. rex head model

Started by DinoToyForum, May 04, 2021, 12:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Can anyone recommend a good quality off-the-shelf full-size T. rex head model? A fleshed out model, preferably with lips? Something like this, but a whole head: https://www.theprehistoricstore.com/products/5-foot-life-sized-wall-mountable-display?_pos=13&_sid=b0900043f&_ss=r

suspsy

That is a very good question. You may want to try positing that question on social media. I can't think of any off the top of my head, sadly.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on May 04, 2021, 01:21:31 PM
That is a very good question. You may want to try positing that question on social media. I can't think of any off the top of my head, sadly.

It seems like the sort of thing where there would be plenty of options, but there aren't! The Studio Oxmox one is probably best, but it's a rather Jurassic Park-inspired design with an overbite: https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/98-studio-oxmox

suspsy

Honestly, the best life-sized T. rex sculptures I've seen that feature lips are the ones from Blue Rhino. They did that awesome Sue rendition for the Field recently. They're based in the US, naturally, and I have no idea what they would charge for a sculpt of just a head. May want to contact them?

https://www.rhinocentral.com/

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think the one you posted John Mac sculpted? Is about the best one out there.  I would message him and see if they have any plans to do a full one.  I know he mentioned it before.  They are a bit much, but that's to be expected. I'm still trying to save to get a full Rex skull for the Park from him.

You could also hire an artist to sculpt one. Andrew Cocks might be an option? He does great work.

suspsy

Yeah, I've seen Cocks' work floating around on Facebook and it's impressive. Plus I think he's based in the UK.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on May 04, 2021, 04:09:01 PM
Yeah, I've seen Cocks' work floating around on Facebook and it's impressive. Plus I think he's based in the UK.

Been following him since I started my pliosaur.  Can't wait to see what he wants for those skull replicas they look fantastic 

DinoToyForum

Thanks for the suggestions!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.