You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which platform do repaint sales services usually trade on

Started by vampiredesign, May 19, 2021, 08:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampiredesign

There are plans to repaint some works to share with you next year. What platform or website can be used to sell them?
I should be able to find a reasonable logistics, which should make the transportation costs cheaper.
We are using "闲鱼" app to sell heavy paint service in China.
Do not know other countries, you can use what platform to buy or provide such services.

Libraraptor

They can be definitely offered here in the "classifieds" section. I am not sure if your repaint wares fits the "Etsy" standards.

vampiredesign

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 19, 2021, 09:06:35 AM
They can be definitely offered here in the "classifieds" section. I am not sure if your repaint wares fits the "Etsy" standards.
I don't know much about it. The model must belong to other brands. The work and design of repainting must be original.

Libraraptor

vampiredesign

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 19, 2021, 09:59:04 AM
www.urzeitshop.de sells repainted models, too.
This is not OK,Can only buy and not sell。

ceratopsian

You could certainly advertise your repaints on the Dinosaur Toy Forum. But it might be difficult to pay you. Would you be able to take payment by PayPal in US dollars?

I know that some sellers, such as Ben Van Steenberge, advertise their work on Facebook, eg through Dinosaur Darkroom. But again, you need to be able to accept US dollars through PayPal to make it work.

Justin_

I'm sure you can sell repainted figures on Etsy. People sell things such as little dioramas with mini cheaposaurs. Also, lots of vintage items that have been repaired or repainted. The same goes for eBay.

I'm not so sure what you need to do to sell a repainting service, where people would send you the figures to paint.

vampiredesign

Quote from: Justin_ on May 19, 2021, 12:18:37 PM
I'm sure you can sell repainted figures on Etsy. People sell things such as little dioramas with mini cheaposaurs. Also, lots of vintage items that have been repaired or repainted. The same goes for eBay.

I'm not so sure what you need to do to sell a repainting service, where people would send you the figures to paint.
I will repaint directly and then sell directly. I won't repaint as required, so the customer will get it very slowly.

vampiredesign

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 19, 2021, 11:47:20 AM
You could certainly advertise your repaints on the Dinosaur Toy Forum. But it might be difficult to pay you. Would you be able to take payment by PayPal in US dollars?

I know that some sellers, such as Ben Van Steenberge, advertise their work on Facebook, eg through Dinosaur Darkroom. But again, you need to be able to accept US dollars through PayPal to make it work.

I will repaint the finished product directly, so that I can buy it directly if I like, which is more direct.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.