You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Why Only One New Carnegie Toy Per Year?

Started by suspsy, November 16, 2012, 08:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I don't get it. Carnegie's dinosaurs are among the best there is. Why have they reduced the number of new dinos to just one per year?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Mauro "Raptor86"

John

Pretty much what Mauro said,unfortunately.

I just concentrate more on what is out there than not.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

suspsy

I suppose that is the reason. Nevertheless, I would rather have two Carnegie toys per year than all the Safari ones the company puts out. The line badly needs a new ceratopsian.

Gryphoceratops

Or maybe if they made two smaller ones instead of one large one per year (go back to good ol' 1:40 scale)?  I remember from when I was a kid my parents never bought me any carnegies that were beyond a certain size. 

Arrancon

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on November 17, 2012, 02:02:00 PM
Or maybe if they made two smaller ones instead of one large one per year (go back to good ol' 1:40 scale)?  I remember from when I was a kid my parents never bought me any carnegies that were beyond a certain size.
This. The main reason that the Carnegie was my favorite line was because they were almost all in scale and looked nice. Now I like them only because they look nice :'(

reidak12

Thank goodness the ones they do put out are still fantastic.

suspsy

Yes, I too have mixed feelings about the variation in scale. On the one hand, it means getting the likes of Microraptor, Caudipteryx, Dilong, and other small fry. On the other hand, we get a Carnotaurus the size of a T. rex. :p

Horridus

Quote from: suspsy on November 17, 2012, 06:11:28 PM
Yes, I too have mixed feelings about the variation in scale. On the one hand, it means getting the likes of Microraptor, Caudipteryx, Dilong, and other small fry.
I would like to see more of these! A properly feathered Velociraptor would be a good start. I can't believe they're still flogging that atrocious retro-1990s scaly thing.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Himmapaan

Do you mean the Safari one or have Carnegie made a Velociraptor that I'm (once again) not aware of?

Horridus

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 17, 2012, 06:39:42 PM
Do you mean the Safari one or have Carnegie made a Velociraptor that I'm (once again) not aware of?
You've forgotten it again!  :P Although I can understand why. http://dinosaurtime.co.uk/Shop/Dinosaur-Toy-Models/Carnegie-Museum-Dinosaurs/1554-Velociraptor.html
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Himmapaan

Ahhh, yes. Gah, I did forget it again. Too many of the blighters (Velociraptors, that is  :P).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.