You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New EU Market Surveillance Regulations (EU) 2019/1020

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, July 16, 2021, 10:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

Today, new EU regulations come into force that are going to affect the sale and supply of prehistoric animal figures.  From July 16th, the (EU) 2019/1020 regulations will apply.

Basically, these new regulations compel someone in the supply chain be it the manufacturer, importer, distributor, authorised representative or a fulfilment service provider such as Amazon to take responsibility for product safety.  Unless there is an appointed "economic operator" in the supply chain then any products sold via ecommerce from outside the EU are unlikely to reach the purchaser.  Parcels will be held at the EU border.

Everything Dinosaur has appointed an EU-based economic operator and registered a number of brands in order to ensure compliance.  As far as we know Everything Dinosaur is the only company able to supply ITOY Studio, Nanmu Studio, W-Dragon, Beasts of the Mesozoic, Dino Hazard and a number of other brands to customers in the EU.

For all forum members based in the European Economic Area (EEA), we recommend you check with your supplier before making an on-line purchase for a prehistoric animal model.

We have published more information on our blog post here: New Market Surveillance Regulations for the EU

Whilst the UK has not decided to adopt (EU) 2019/1020, product safety remains governed by the Regulation on Accreditation and Market Surveillance (765/2008) or GB RAMS - these regulations are in place to help protect you.

Please take care when making purchases.

CityRaptor

Well, that sucks, but then again I haven't brought something from outside the EU for years.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.