News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

BIRD OF PREY by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology

Started by ITdactyl, July 28, 2021, 01:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Just sharing something that's near and dear to my heart.
The Cornell lab of Ornithology produced this documentary film in 2018 to raise awareness about the Philippine Eagle within the international community.
Local screenings (here in the Philippines) started in 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FbvsDNCPIU
Just follow this link to youtube, since they don't allow posting the film on forums:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onvsjQUjTIc

It is rare to have a beautifully shot and well made documentary be hosted for "free" on Youtube, so here's the link. I've been to one of the paid screenings, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Conservation efforts for extant dinosaurs, yes please. Do tell me what you think, 'cause I'm enjoying this with rose tinted glasses (old people idiom  ;D).

Gwangi

I haven't seen it yet but I saw it posted this morning ( I subscribe to Cornell) and immediately saved it to my watch later folder. Looking forward to watching it! 

Psittacoraptor

Thanks for sharing. I added it to my watch later list, as well. The Philippine Eagle is one of the most beautiful raptors in the world. It's a tragedy that they're endangered because of human activity. I hope the species can be saved. It will be tough not only because of the massive habitat loss but because their reproduction rate is terrible. They usually lay one egg, and it takes them two years to raise the chick.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.