News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What figure should I buy next?

Started by Duck, September 27, 2021, 01:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duck

As part of my next purchase, I am buying the Eofauna Giganotosaurus as the Vitae one is too expensive and hard to find. I am going to buy another theropod to accompany the Eofauna Giga, but am not sure which one I should get. I was thinking maybe a PNSO?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
He who dwells in pond

Bread

PNSO Tarbosaurus is a great therapod from PNSO. Allosaurus is quite nice too. Their Carcharodontosaurus is nice but some people feel it is too small.

Duck

Quote from: Bread on September 27, 2021, 02:12:21 AM
PNSO Tarbosaurus is a great therapod from PNSO. Allosaurus is quite nice too. Their Carcharodontosaurus is nice but some people feel it is too small.

How does their Yutyrannus hold up?
He who dwells in pond

SidB

Quote from: Duck on September 27, 2021, 12:49:53 PM

Take a look at the good review on the Dinosaur Toy Blog. It was well rated. I have one and am pleased with it. It's as good as the Wild Safari one, and has a very different color scheme. Keep away from the Rebor one, it is poorly feathered and more expensive. avatar_Bread @Bread will be able to give you some valuable feedback too.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on September 27, 2021, 02:06:28 PM

Take a look at the good review on the Dinosaur Toy Blog. It was well rated. I have one and am pleased with it. It's as good as the Wild Safari one, and has a very different color scheme. Keep away from the Rebor one, it is poorly feathered and more expensive. avatar_Bread @Bread will be able to give you some valuable feedback too.
As S @SidB said, the PNSO Yutyrannus is a very nice figure. My only gripe about it is the pose, but that is just my personal preference but others really like it.

I've seen photos of PNSO's Wilson and Eofauna's Giga together and they look quite nice. They also size up very well compared to each other. The only thing that may be an issue is the oversized scales. The scales didn't bother me but they were very controversial with that figure for some. Again, it is your personal preference. Watch or read some reviews if you are still indecisive.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on September 27, 2021, 02:59:05 PM
Quote from: SidB on September 27, 2021, 02:06:28 PM

As S @SidB said, the PNSO Yutyrannus is a very nice figure. My only gripe about it is the pose, but that is just my personal preference but others really like it.

I've seen photos of PNSO's Wilson and Eofauna's Giga together and they look quite nice. They also size up very well compared to each other. The only thing that may be an issue is the oversized scales. The scales didn't bother me but they were very controversial with that figure for some. Again, it is your personal preference. Watch or read some reviews if you are still indecisive.
I'll second these comments about 'Wilson", sometimes known as 'Winter Wilson', the latest iteration of PNSO's line of Wilsons (check out the three reviews on the DTB). I myself have no troubles about the scales, as manufacturers, over the years, have usually felt that some size amplification was necessary as a visual selling point. I even have 'Andrea', the PNSO T-rex in a position of repose - they make a nice pair (I even include 'Logan', who doubles nicely as a juvenile, rather than the advertised Nanotyrannus.

Anyways, wrestling with the choices is fun and part of the 'thrill of the hunt.' Enjoy.

SRF

Winter Wilson's scales are oversized and the level of detail is a bit overdone, but he is one of the best T. Rex figures available right now. And although PNSO has improved their skin details on newer figures, I still feel that the production quality of Wilson is far superior to all of PNSO's other theropods. The easiest way to compare Wilson is to Andrea of course. While Andea's skin detail is better and I do like the coloration of the body a bit better, the overall quality of the paintwork on Wilson is much better. Also I feel that Wilson is made from more solid material, a difference much noticable in the head sculpts (which are basically the same sculpt).

But if I have to recommend only one of PNSO's theropods, it would definitely be their Tarbosaurus. I feel that is their best theropod from 2021 thus far and it's way less expensive than both of PNSO's T. Rexes, since it's not in the Museum line.
But today, I'm just being father

Gwangi

The Tarbosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus are my favorite PNSO theropods.

Duck

Thank you for all of your input. It's been very useful as I'm still learning about the world of dinosaur toy collecting.
He who dwells in pond

Bread

Quote from: Duck on September 27, 2021, 10:26:17 PM
Thank you for all of your input. It's been very useful as I'm still learning about the world of dinosaur toy collecting.
Of course, and forgot to mention GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus. Beautiful and maybe a little pricey but it's probably the best depiction of the genus on the market. They are also supposedly releasing a Tyrannosaurus soon.

Duck

Quote from: Bread on September 28, 2021, 12:56:45 AM
Of course, and forgot to mention GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus. Beautiful and maybe a little pricey but it's probably the best depiction of the genus on the market. They are also supposedly releasing a Tyrannosaurus soon.

Ah. yes, I've seen that one before.

Also congrats on 1000 posts!
He who dwells in pond

Bread

Quote from: Duck on September 28, 2021, 01:11:18 AM
Quote from: Bread on September 28, 2021, 12:56:45 AM

Ah. yes, I've seen that one before.

Also congrats on 1000 posts!
Thank you!

Duck

Thanks for all the comments. I have decided to split the difference and buy the Nanmu Giganotosaurus and the PNSO Yutyrannus.

Cheers,

Duck
He who dwells in pond

Bread

Quote from: Duck on September 29, 2021, 03:08:47 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I have decided to split the difference and buy the Nanmu Giganotosaurus and the PNSO Yutyrannus.

Cheers,

Duck
Good choice and congratulations! Two beautiful figures to own I must say.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.