News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JohannesB's Art

Started by JohannesB, March 31, 2022, 08:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

Based on the skeletal reconstruction shown in a message by Nizar Ibrahim, this is my attempt at a life reconstruction of Spinosaurus. Maybe I'll add some other fauna.

By the way, creating a lifelike image of water, waves and light reflecting through it I find very difficult, but I hope it looks kind of realistic..

And just for fun:

Shonisaurus

It's amazing, how did you do it? What technique do you apply? It is a marvelous and highly realistic spinosaurus reconstruction. Is very pretty.

What I have told other DTF members. I have many current juvenile/children's dinosaur books whose illustrations are embarrassing next to what you or other DTF members do. You and other DTF members do not have to envy any recognized paleoartist. It's super cool.

JohannesB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 01, 2022, 08:34:10 AM
It's amazing, how did you do it? What technique do you apply? It is a marvelous and highly realistic spinosaurus reconstruction. Is very pretty.

What I have told other DTF members. I have many current juvenile/children's dinosaur books whose illustrations are embarrassing next to what you or other DTF members do. You and other DTF members do not have to envy any recognized paleoartist. It's super cool.

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. I am inspired by many people's art to try and achieve the same, and although my attempts may be better than many others out there, I can of course only stand in awe and wonder before the works of the great palaeoartists (some very famous, and other not). I grew up with the contemporaneous art of Douglas Henderson, Mark Hallet, John Sibbick, Gregory S. Paul, and others. I also loved the drawings of Robert Bakker. Later I discovered the many other greats, old and new. Possibly my favorite artist is Douglas Henderson, I find his works very beautiful and very evocative.

About this Spinosaurus, I just just digital brushes and some other basic techniques in Photoshop Elements.

HD-man

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see any of your art. When I copy & paste the URL, it reads, "URL signature expired".
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

JohannesB

Quote from: HD-man on April 08, 2022, 10:13:20 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I can't see any of your art. When I copy & paste the URL, it reads, "URL signature expired".

I should find a better place to upload and keep my pictures, because F*cebook is bad.

HD-man

Quote from: JohannesB on April 08, 2022, 10:44:39 AMI should find a better place to upload and keep my pictures, because F*cebook is bad.

OK, I can see your art now :)
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.