News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Takamas Amateur Clay Sculptures

Started by Takama, June 10, 2012, 07:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

OK The only solid medium i am confortable with is Polymer Clay, which i use to slap together onto moulded chunks of foil to create a new creature.

Ive made several, but few turned out fine, My best Efforts in my opinion is a Ankylosaurus, and a huge Diplodocus that i gave away as a custom birthday gift to my aunt.

I will post photos of them later, but now, I need your help to decide on what this baby should be.

Its going to be a sauropod, and I'm aiming at a 1:40sh scale. All i need is an idea on what genus I should make this.

Blade-of-the-Moon

amargasaurus cazaui

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ZoPteryx

Takama

This was biggest effort made so far. I did not keep it because of a few cracks that it sustained in the oven

head

Tail

Back

IT was also almost completely made of Clay, and the only parts that had foil were the legs.

All of my future projects would be made completely from a foil base.

Takama

I decided to remold that sauropod into a theropod. Spinosaurus.

I will post picks when progress persists

alexeratops

Hi, Takama! I just wanted to say I like your new profile picture. :)
And I can't wait to see the Spinosaurus!

like a bantha!

Balaur

That sauropod looked cartoony. Nothing wrong though, it was nice.

Can't wait fir spino either. It's a monster piscivore!  ;D

tyrantqueen

Your diplo is cute. It looks like something out of Dinosaur Train (that's not a bad thing). I have just one criticism here: have you tried smoothing the clay with water? It will help to get rid of the bumps and create an overall sleeker look.
Good luck with the spiny too.

TheAllosaur

Love the colors on the diplodocus. Inspired me for a color pattern on one of my upcoming JP pictures...
Can't wait for the spinosaurus! Will the older restoration or newer restoration be used in the sculpting?
Part-time genius!

Takama

Quote from: TheAllosaur on October 02, 2012, 09:17:55 PM
Love the colors on the diplodocus. Inspired me for a color pattern on one of my upcoming JP pictures...
Can't wait for the spinosaurus! Will the older restoration or newer restoration be used in the sculpting?

Modern retoration is what im aiming for.

Takama

Ok, This is Going to take longer then i Thought.

My Spiny is still in the Foil stage and has all of the red clay used up.   Money is short, so i cant buy more yet.

I predict that its going to be quite a while before you see him born

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.