News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Say farewell to Oxalaia and Sigilmassasaurus.

Started by suspsy, May 23, 2020, 12:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 01, 2022, 06:21:37 PM
because there are like no giga fossils and the ones we have are very poorly described
Fossilisation is a very rare event, the reason there are so many Tyrannosaurus specimens is because of their high commercial value resulting in more searching for specimens.  I have no idea what being "very poorly described" has to do with this.

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 01, 2022, 06:21:37 PM
Quote from: Sim on January 01, 2022, 05:39:56 PM
How do we know Giganotosaurus didn't have "a stupid huge range" too?  Also dinosaurs including non-avian theropods had to migrate for different species to occur in different formations.
[Dealt with above]
also that second point is completely wrong
Quote from: stargatedalek on January 01, 2022, 06:45:23 PM
A creatures range expanding isn't migration. Migration is seasonal movements between regions.
In response to these two quotes, I've just looked up "migration" and one of its meanings is "movement from one part of something to another."  So I stand by migration being necessary for non-avian theropods too.

Dynomikegojira

I think the neutral argument to be made here is that is it possible an hypothetical undiscovered Giganotosaurus species could have lived in Brazil alongside Oxalaia well perhaps I'd more likely consider it a Carcharadontosaurus depending on if North Africa was closer to Brazil than either would be to Patagonia admittedly just my theory but kinda supported that both Brazil and North Africa had similar ecosystems. Likewise could a spinosaurid coexist with Giganotosaurus in Patagonia I'd say maybe along the coastal regions but the truth is we may never know until new discoveries and there's not much wrong into reasonable speculation.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.