News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Seijun's Dinosaur-a-Day

Started by Seijun, March 18, 2012, 08:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

You have a lot of catching up to do Seijun.  :))

amargasaurus cazaui

I think you commented once you have the set of Tsukuda dinosaurs. I hope I spelled it right. In looking through my collection I think I have a triceratops from the same set as the styracosaurus you pictured. Can you provide a listing of the dinosaurs for the set, or anything on how they were offered, etc.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Seijun

They were offered in Japan and then the US, briefly, during the 80's before being out-competed by the superior kaiyodos. Here are two threads from the previous forum with more info:
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=toys&action=display&thread=3397
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=toys&action=display&thread=1746

I will post mine soon. Been really busy the past few weeks with other projects. However, here is the lovely 2004 Dino Expo Szechuanosaurus by Kaiyodo:
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

amargasaurus cazaui

Thanks for the reference. I do have the trike from years gone by, bought as an impulse purchase  I wondered if that was the case when i saw the Styracosaurus.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Aram-Rex

Quote from: Seijun on March 25, 2012, 10:35:16 AM
Carnegie Brachiosaurus - Early European release, acquired from Germany:

The Brachiosaurus from Germany looks really different. It's mouth is more open than the green version.

Aram-Rex

Quote from: Seijun on June 02, 2012, 05:01:51 AM
Sega Stegosaurus (large), 2006:

Kaiyodo Series 6 Stegosaurus, one of two color variations:

Kaiyodo Series 6 Allosaurus, one of two color variations:

The Steg is beautiful. If only it had larger legs.

Aram-Rex

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 05, 2012, 07:34:20 PM
As the Invicta Lambeosaurus goes, I would give it some color to make it more appealing, it's kinda boring in that monochrome color tone, but that is just what I would do to it ;)
Give it more beauty, that way it will get more life too  O:-)
Same here :)

Seijun

Capcom Tyrannosaurus, Dino Expo 2009:
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Seijun

Tsukuda Triceratops, c. 1980 - c. 1990:

Dinowaurs Camarasaurus, 2011 - present:

Libraraptor

That Camarasaurus is a strange little fellow, but I like it!

Seijun

Dinowaurs Saurolophus, 2011 - present:

Dinowaurs Tyrannosaurus, 2011 - present:

Tsukuda Anklyosaurus, c. 1980 - c. 1990:

copper

wow that dinowaurs saurolophus is looking nice! at least compared to their camarasaurus : D

Seijun

Yes, a few of their figures are oddly wonderful. The Saurolophus is my favorite in the series, so far.

Takama

Dinowuars.....look like Zombies

postsaurischian

....... but the Saurolophus is indeed exceptional :)!

Seijun

Tsukuda Pachycephalosaurus, c. 1980 - c. 1990:

Dinowaurs Cryolophosaurus, 2011 - present:

Seijun

Tsukuda Spinosaurus, c. 1990 - c. 1980:

Safari Leptoceratops, 2004

Paleona

I really like how these Tsukuda dinos have eyes like the Tyco line.  I've never heard of them before, cool stuff.

Seijun

Tsukuda Stegosaurus, c. 1980 - c. 1990:

Safari Protoceratops, part of the Authentics Habitat Collection (set 2):

Seijun

I know it's been a while.

One of my personal favorites, the Tsukuda Brontosaurus, c. 1980 - c. 1990 (if you don't like anorexic sauropods, you're sure to love this guy):

I think he's one of the best retro sauropods money can buy.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: