News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psittacoraptor

avatar_SRF @SRF Those photos are also from that forum, Paleofiguras just repost people's photos without crediting them.

I agree about the frill. Looks very good and naturalistic, much better than on the BOTM Torosaurus.

Here's another pic, next to the Triceratops. I also like the Toro better (both look great, though). Furthermore, it's nice to see that the mouth gap is not nearly as visible as in the promo pics.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7768528670

SRF

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on March 22, 2022, 10:47:48 AM
avatar_SRF @SRF Those photos are also from that forum, Paleofiguras just repost people's photos without crediting them.

I agree about the frill. Looks very good and naturalistic, much better than on the BOTM Torosaurus.

Here's another pic, next to the Triceratops. I also like the Toro better (both look great, though). Furthermore, it's nice to see that the mouth gap is not nearly as visible as in the promo pics.

I already thought so they do that. For me as European though, Paleofiguras on Facebook is easier accessible than Tieba.baidu. Since the Torosaurus isn't released globally yet, it's still nice to see pictures of it on that Facebook-page before I'm able to purchase it.
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

The PNSO torosaurus looks great with its non-articulated jaw, honestly I don't know if it's better or worse than its BoTM counterpart (the PNSO one has less articulated parts and that's a point in its favor for me) but honestly both the two versions of torosaurus from BoTM or PNSO make a very good set in each of our collections and leaves in the background the most beautiful version I had of torosaurus from WWD regardless of the fact that it was great in its time (and it still is in the past almost twenty-five years.

CARN0TAURUS

It would be so nice if you could just repost the images and give credit, you can still provide the link.  For me these links are unusable they freeze my device.  I don't know enough about technology but my wife says that it could be the device trying to protect itself...IDK  but it doesn't freeze up with anything else except those tieba links

I would love to see those images too...

Carnoking

avatar_SRF @SRF Hey, thanks for watching! This was a fun one to talk about ;D

As far as the tooth goes, (if I'm looking at the right one) I think it's just an issue with missed paint. Looks like part of the root didn't get painted properly so it gives the illusion that it's sort of hanging loose. The model itself seems fine but I suppose I could have touched on the uneven paint in my review.

Flaffy

The Torosaurus looks great, very happy with this new trend of high quality paint apps that match up with the promo pics. The baby is a welcome accessory too, PNSO should've included accessories like this with all the Museum series figures. If only the Triceratops had as extravagant a frill as the Torosaurus!

I personally prefer this figure over the BotM one simply because it's a much more reasonable size, along with the lack of a smooth keratin-covered face. (though I'm sure I wouldn't be able to resist a 1/35 scale WWD-inspired Torosaurus by David either! Afterall, I already preordered his 1/35 WWD Tyrannosaurus ;D)

Based on this, it seems the PNSO Torosaurus is based on the specimen MOR 1122. A good choice, since it's one of the most complete adult Torosaurus skulls we have; along with being mature enough to develop a laterally compressed nasal ridge as opposed to the more Triceratops-like conical horn, further differentiating the figure from all Triceratops models.

SRF

Found this video on the Torosaurus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbwvPixfa58

It really looks great doesn't it.
But today, I'm just being father

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Carnoking on March 22, 2022, 03:22:22 PM

As far as the tooth goes, (if I'm looking at the right one) I think it's just an issue with missed paint. Looks like part of the root didn't get painted properly so it gives the illusion that it's sort of hanging loose. The model itself seems fine but I suppose I could have touched on the uneven paint in my review.
Loved your video!  The paintwork on the head of your copy of Zhuchengtyrannus is fantastic!  Did you detail it a little out of the box before you photographed and reviewed it?  I've been comparing the different videos dinosdragons, yours, and dino screams and then also the thinking about the two copies I've held in hand and it's kind of crazy how different they all look in how the paint was applied.  On yours the paint on the head looks like it got some extra attention  detail work.

Pliosaurking

Glad to see this one matches the promo pics.
Definitely picking this one up.

Carnoking

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 22, 2022, 05:16:43 PM

Loved your video!  The paintwork on the head of your copy of Zhuchengtyrannus is fantastic!  Did you detail it a little out of the box before you photographed and reviewed it?  I've been comparing the different videos dinosdragons, yours, and dino screams and then also the thinking about the two copies I've held in hand and it's kind of crazy how different they all look in how the paint was applied.  On yours the paint on the head looks like it got some extra attention  detail work.

Thanks for watching! My model did come with some wear to the paint on some of the large scales along the oral margin of the upper jaw on the left side of the face.

I apologize, this photo is the best I have before I got to it.

It was a pretty easy fix, I just drybrused some dark browns over the bare areas you see in that photo and it was good as new. That was all I did to mine, but I do notice the disparities in paintwork you mentioned when I see other people's photos and videos.

Duna

Talking about torosaurus, I think this could be the first case in which real pictures of the figure are much better than the pics of the prototype. The mouth gap looks much better, the body paint isn't as dark as it looked and the frill colors are as good or nearly as good as in the promo.
Very nice figure and very large. I'm starting to want it.

Carnoking

Yes, the more posts I see of that Torosaurus, the more I like it. Very excited to get my hands on it!

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 22, 2022, 01:59:40 PM
Spoiler

[close]

It would be so nice if you could just repost the images and give credit, you can still provide the link.  For me these links are unusable they freeze my device.  I don't know enough about technology but my wife says that it could be the device trying to protect itself...IDK  but it doesn't freeze up with anything else except those tieba links

Can you see these? I don't why some of you have trouble viewing baidu, I'm also in the EU and can see the images just fine.

http://tiebapic.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/6370938b87d6277f241a05ec6d381f30e824fc48.jpg
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7768064880

Edit: Apparently, embedding the images doesn't work, sorry :(

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SRF on March 22, 2022, 04:15:10 PM
Found this video on the Torosaurus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbwvPixfa58

It really looks great doesn't it.

It does, I like this one tons more than the triceratops.  I might have to splurge on this one, the back of the frill tho, it looks like a lazy shortcut on such an expensive model.  If I do end up getting one my OCD won't let me leave that alone, I'll have to enhance it by matching some of that blue/black/grey whatever color that is and blending it towards the outer edges so it looks more continuous from body to edge of frill.  Right now it looks like the animal abruptly changed it's coloration where the head attaches to the neck.  Even though it'll be displayed facing forward I don't think   i could leave it like that.

ceratopsian

I'm in the U.K.  I can open baidu. It is just a bit slow to open for me.

The mouth looks so much better with this in hand model. That's a relief for a ceratopsian lover!

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on March 22, 2022, 05:57:13 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 22, 2022, 01:59:40 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Can you see these? I don't why some of you have trouble viewing baidu, I'm also in the EU and can see the images just fine.

http://tiebapic.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/6370938b87d6277f241a05ec6d381f30e824fc48.jpg
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7768064880

Edit: Apparently, embedding the images doesn't work, sorry :(

You could always take screen grabs and load them up to a hosting site and post them here like regular images, then credit and provide the link for those that can link to that.  It's kind of a hassle tho...

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Carnoking on March 22, 2022, 05:36:24 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on March 22, 2022, 05:16:43 PM

Thanks for watching! My model did come with some wear to the paint on some of the large scales along the oral margin of the upper jaw on the left side of the face.  It was a pretty easy fix, I just drybrused some dark browns over the bare areas you see in that photo and it was good as new. That was all I did to mine, but I do notice the disparities in paintwork you mentioned when I see other people's photos and videos.
I had to do that to mine too.  It had almost nothing on the crest, you could barely make out the orange.  I went a bit further with the dry brushing, gave the mouth a bloody wash (like he ate recently), and made the crest lemon color and then later back to orange and then finally settled on orange with some red mixed in, so blood orange. 

Before picture

After picture

[/quote]
Then this...

Carnoking

Nice! that extra red in the mouth adds a lot!

thedeadlymoose

Quote from: Duna on March 22, 2022, 05:40:24 PM
Talking about torosaurus, I think this could be the first case in which real pictures of the figure are much better than the pics of the prototype. The mouth gap looks much better, the body paint isn't as dark as it looked and the frill colors are as good or nearly as good as in the promo.
Very nice figure and very large. I'm starting to want it.

Agreed. The mouth gap does look better, and the frill colors look excellent. The frill was the main draw for me in the promo pics and that's not enough given the price.

The body paint does look much better in terms of color and tone. In the promos I felt like the body paint brought the figure down. Here, it's perfectly fine and doesn't detract.

Could just be me, but the sculpt just looked "big and weird" in the promo pics. Which isn't bad, it's just neutral.

In-hand, whether alone or in group shots, the figure looks outright spectacular.

Skorpio V.

Quote from: thedeadlymoose on March 23, 2022, 11:47:24 AM
Could just be me, but the sculpt just looked "big and weird" in the promo pics. Which isn't bad, it's just neutral.

In-hand, whether alone or in group shots, the figure looks outright spectacular.

I have the exact same thoughts, the in-hand images do its proportions way better justice.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: