News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strepsodus

Certainly frustrating, but as long as their figures are detailed and accurate ill keep buying them. Schleich's dinosaurs are better for children to play with, and they are found almost everywhere.

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 01, 2022, 04:40:15 AM
If it's at least 12" I'll consider it.   I like my sauropods big too, if they are too small the heads get lost in molding and casting.

That's a really good point actually. Especially considering the new fragile material doesn't seem to retain fine details well and is prone to smudging, e.g. 2021 baryonyx.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on February 01, 2022, 11:24:37 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 01, 2022, 04:40:15 AM
If it's at least 12" I'll consider it.   I like my sauropods big too, if they are too small the heads get lost in molding and casting.

That's a really good point actually. Especially considering the new fragile material doesn't seem to retain fine details well and is prone to smudging, e.g. 2021 baryonyx.

I guess we'll just see what they turn up with. 

Shonisaurus

It will be interesting to see how that Patagonian will be, in terms of size and modeling, that extremely blurred figure seems promising, I am hopeful that it will be a great figure even if the size does not accompany the dinosaur species. In my case, I would prefer a large patagotitan such as the huanghetitan from PNSO or the paraceratherium from IToy, and fortunately on my shelves.

I would need a patagotitan if as big as the two prehistoric animals mentioned at least of an acceptable size. The spinosaurus from Safari 2021 was magnificent but it was greatly affected by its small size, its rigid material and its paint touches that honestly do not convince me despite the fact that it is a great figure.

The big, ugly and weird of prehistoric animals is beautiful to me.

Jose S.M.

Patagotitan's pose reminds me of the one for the last Carnegie Brachiosaurus in the way the neck curves. Hopefully it's not looking down like the Brachiosaurus, I really like that figure but I wish it wasn't looking down.

CarnotaurusKing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stores.dansdinosaurs.com/amp/diplodocus-by-carnegie/

The Carnegie Diplodocus cost $33.99 when it was still available on Dan's Dinosaurs, and it cost $35.99 somewhere else. If the Patagotitan is 1/40 scale, it'd have the same length along the centra as the Carnegie Diplodocus (by my calculations). That said, with how expensive models are now compared to back then, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. And the Patagotitan looks a bit smaller in that image.

Shane

Hey all,

I'd check your emails if you're signed up.

Might be some new info there.

Patrx

Shonisaurus

He appears squat at first glance but is very large 15 inches long is a long figure 38.1 centimeters tall. It is a figure that I will take into account when ordering in my store as a priority figure. The price is quite good, it is not very expensive and by the way, who is a sculptor? Doug Watson or another?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

And it's 15 inches long so anyone worries it would be smaller than 12 inches, not to worry.
Looking forward to this one
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Fembrogon

15 inches is a good size! It should be similar to the Carnegie Apatosaurus in length and mass, then.

The Field Museum had BETTER sell this model in the Sue Store.

Flaffy

Flaffy

Striking resemblance to this reconstruction, for better or worse.

Carnoking

Nice to see a reveal from Safari, and glad they're back to sauropods. That being said, I'm not taken by this one just yet. Maybe my opinion will change but on first impressions it's not my favorite.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on February 02, 2022, 01:41:28 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/stores.dansdinosaurs.com/amp/diplodocus-by-carnegie/

The Carnegie Diplodocus cost $33.99 when it was still available on Dan's Dinosaurs, and it cost $35.99 somewhere else. If the Patagotitan is 1/40 scale, it'd have the same length along the centra as the Carnegie Diplodocus (by my calculations).

Carnegie Diplodocus (2007 version) is around 70cm along the axial column. That's 1:40 if you assume a 28m individual as listed (real D. carnegii probably closer to 25m, so the figure is more like 1:35).

AMNH Patagonian mount is stated to be 122ft long, so a 1:40 figure would be around 90cm. Of course the fossil is incomplete and the mount could be too long in some way (too many or too long centra?). If it had a shorter neck and tail than AMNH depicts, is could affect the scale, but the preview image looks pretty much in line with the AMNH proportions to me.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Jose S.M.

Well I'm glad is big! Its face looks a little funny to me in some angles.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Carnoking on February 02, 2022, 07:52:31 PM
Nice to see a reveal from Safari, and glad they're back to sauropods. That being said, I'm not taken by this one just yet. Maybe my opinion will change but on first impressions it's not my favorite.
It's not their most stand-out figure, judging by these photos; but it still looks very good so far. I'll probably be getting it soon after it's in stock; I still have some coupon codes to use up!

Dinoguy2

Ooh, and it looks like it was revealed while I was typing! Looks pretty good, though is it just me (or just the angle?) or does the head look oversized? Hard to get a clear lateral view of either mount but the head feels like it should be more Diplodocus size/proportioned to me.

The chalk photo looks better so it might just be the angle of the photos.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Carnoking

Anyone seeing the old rearing apatosaurus color scheme in there or is it just me?

Duck

Oh, wow, just as I was starting to leave the hobby behind
He who dwells in pond

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: