News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

I can only think of one still in production is the CollectA.

Gwangi

Plateosaurus would be a fine dinosaur to revisit, and one that is in much need of revisiting. Although it would be nice to see other genera get some attention I can think of plenty of reasons to vouch for Plateosaurus.

Flaffy

I second the notion that prosauropods are in dire need of figure representation.
I still have yet to include a Plateosaurus in my collection as all current options do not appeal to me. Would be great if Safari released one!

As for other small weird sauropods, definitely would like to see an updated Nigersaurus. The old one's proportions are way off.

suspsy

I just want a damn Brachytrachelopan more than any other sauropod.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

By the way, when will we have more news of Safari 2022 figures? Is Safari going to be encouraged in this year or in the following figures of non-prehistoric animals, for example prehistoric mammals?

Flaffy

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 14, 2022, 09:01:27 AM
By the way, when will we have more news of Safari 2022 figures? Is Safari going to be encouraged in this year or in the following figures of non-prehistoric animals, for example prehistoric mammals?

Was wondering about that as well. Hopefully we don't have to wait till summer for the next batch of reveals.

Shane

Quote from: Flaffy on March 14, 2022, 12:06:12 PM

Was wondering about that as well. Hopefully we don't have to wait till summer for the next batch of reveals.

I don't have any exact dates, but I would expect some news before summer.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: suspsy on March 12, 2022, 04:39:28 AM

YES. That would be FANTASTIC.
It would be especially cool if they took a chance on a less well-reported fossil and released it alongside Lurdusaurus.
They would make the perfect pair:
The sauropod that tried to be an ornithopod and the ornithopod that tried to be a sauropod.

BlueKrono

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Thank you! My favorite sauropod.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on March 16, 2022, 06:17:57 PM
Quote from: suspsy on March 12, 2022, 04:39:28 AM

YES. That would be FANTASTIC.
It would be especially cool if they took a chance on a less well-reported fossil and released it alongside Lurdusaurus.
They would make the perfect pair:
The sauropod that tried to be an ornithopod and the ornithopod that tried to be a sauropod.
I second this, Lurdusaurus and Brachytrachelopan are too of the most interesting dinosaurs and they would make an odd couple.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SBell

Have they actually revealed pictures of all of their currently announced 2022 figures? This is very different from Safari's usual model of releasing everything.

But then, they seem to be going much harder with non-figure toys these days

Flaffy

Quote from: SBell on March 17, 2022, 04:07:00 AM

Have they actually revealed pictures of all of their currently announced 2022 figures? This is very different from Safari's usual model of releasing everything.

No we haven't unfortunately.

Shane

Quote from: Flaffy on March 17, 2022, 11:47:52 AM

Technically, Safari has shown images of all the figures they have announced so far for 2022.

Any other lists of figurines have not been revealed or confirmed by Safari.

Releasing and announcing is different this year, but it is a vastly different environment.

There are more announcements coming, including items not seen on any lists (yet).

SBell

Quote from: Shane on March 17, 2022, 12:30:36 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on March 17, 2022, 11:47:52 AM

Technically, Safari has shown images of all the figures they have announced so far for 2022.

Any other lists of figurines have not been revealed or confirmed by Safari.

Releasing and announcing is different this year, but it is a vastly different environment.

There are more announcements coming, including items not seen on any lists (yet).

We have notice of things like the Asia Toob, but no photos.
I think Safari is trying to diversify its toy lines... to the detriment of their figure lines

Shane

Quote from: SBell on March 17, 2022, 01:54:36 PM

I think Safari is trying to diversify its toy lines... to the detriment of their figure lines

You have notice of these items, yes, but none of the lists mentioning those were posted or revealed from Safari.

So a bit misleading to say "Safari has not posted images of the figures they announced" because these figures have not yet actually been announced by Safari. Instead the info has come from leaked lists.

While Safari's online site has expanded to include a number of partnered brands, they are still creating new figures and will announce them accordingly.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 11, 2022, 09:42:18 PM
I can only think of one still in production is the CollectA.

There's the Happy Kin one, but it isn't great. Can't even stand bipedally.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Shane on March 17, 2022, 02:33:42 PM
Quote from: SBell on March 17, 2022, 01:54:36 PM

You have notice of these items, yes, but none of the lists mentioning those were posted or revealed from Safari.

So a bit misleading to say "Safari has not posted images of the figures they announced" because these figures have not yet actually been announced by Safari. Instead the info has come from leaked lists.

While Safari's online site has expanded to include a number of partnered brands, they are still creating new figures and will announce them accordingly.

Well, they've been promoting a lot of those new toy lines lately, and nothing further with their figures. After last year's limited release of 12 figures, let's hope they have something in store.

stargatedalek

Are these other products items that Safari is selling on their website alongside their own products, or are they actually involved in producing these? A lot of them are of unsettlingly low quality in design.

Shane

They are items from brands Safari has partnered with to carry on the site, Safari is not involved in their production.

As for the smaller number of figures last year and the delay in new figures...there was, and still is, a pandemic raging across the globe that has had an unprecedented effect on almost every aspect of the manufacturing process.

Even now, more than two years after the start of the pandemic, areas of China that are key to global manufacturing and shipping are being completely locked down as new surges occur.

To say Safari has done "nothing further with their figures" after they revealed new upcoming figures just last month is a bit hyperbolic.

The pandemic has had a massive effect on how all companies do business, especially small businesses.

All I am saying (yet again) is have patience and trust that new figures are coming and will be revealed soon.

SBell

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Safari figures, but this year has been very out of character. Even last year, all of the 2021 figures were announced and images released in advance (although delayed).
They've never announced or released in waves like Schleich or CollectA.
But on their social media, most of their focus has been on the partnership toys. The main website too. This is not what would be expected from the Safari we know.

Hopefully things come together, but the last few years have been indeed tough.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: