News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Easy To Make Bases.

Started by MesozoicJohn, January 27, 2022, 03:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MesozoicJohn

I have had some very nice comments about the bases I have made for my model Dinosaurs.

I would like to show you some much simpler one's I made for my 1/35th model AFV's, bases that could just as easily be made to display dinosaurs on.

They are made from a piece of 6mm mdf with a hardboard back piece. The mdf is covered with Javis  mat plus a few added stick on bushes. The back board is first covered with a piece of self adhesive scenic back ground then is screwed into position. Really easy and quick to make.
The tank in the first photo has been temporaily removed so the two Dinosaurs could pose for a photo  ;D

John :)

Grimbeard

Thoose look great! I belive that a proper setting and background compliments great models even further. I have something similar in mind for my shelve this year once I have settled with a core cast of models. Still need to up my handiwork skills though

Thank you very for sharing, quite inspiring!

Mellow Stego

I absolutely love these! I think might have to try this out.

Also did you make and paint those military models? If so, that's really good.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

MesozoicJohn

Quote from: Mellow Stego on January 28, 2022, 12:45:51 AM
I absolutely love these! I think might have to try this out.

Also did you make and paint those military models? If so, that's really good.

Thank you, yes I did :)

Shonisaurus

I see that you are a multi-collector, that is, you not only collect dinosaurs but other things like tanks. Do you own more collections?

It is great to collect toy and resin dinosaurs but it is more exciting to be a collector of other things, having several hobbies at the same time is more enriching.

MesozoicJohn

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 28, 2022, 01:13:43 PM
I see that you are a multi-collector, that is, you not only collect dinosaurs but other things like tanks. Do you own more collections?

It is great to collect toy and resin dinosaurs but it is more exciting to be a collector of other things, having several hobbies at the same time is more enriching.

Yes I do my friend.

Wargame figures
Model Trains
Metal Detecting Finds
Reenactment items.
Swords
Antique Fishing Tackle.

Shonisaurus

That is spectacular! You have several collections! That greatly enriches the person. Honestly, it is better to make several collections at the same time. I also have a collection of stamps from dinosaurs and the prehistoric world.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.