News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

RIP Anthony Beeson

Started by suspsy, May 11, 2022, 04:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pliosaurking

That's very sad. My condolences to his friends and family.  :(

dyno77

Its mainly because of him ,that collecta was able to get better after the first few years of below par and unrealistic figures...
collecta is 1 of the few companies that researches each figure ,and from what iv read pretty much every figure had to pass his approval..
Not only that he was 1 of few that had information on the history of dinosaur models in britian,and occasionally had articles about this in the prehistoric times magazine...
But his legacy lives on in the collecta models which are some of the best figures of prehistoric life ever,particular figures are on par with resin kits...something other companies dont be able to achieve...

Varanops

I mourn the passing of a good friend and author.  I had corresponded with him, on-and-off, for very many years (though not recently), and had been privileged to send him numerous hard-(for him)-to-get prehistoric toy items from North Carolina on several occasions.  He had a most magnificent painting of a life-sized soldier from an older age in his sitting room at his home in Bristol, U.K.  I had asked if the gentleman depicted was ancestral to him, but he said, "Unfortunately, no."  We of this community owe quite a debt of gratitude to Mr. Beeson and I am sure he will be sorely missed by all here.

dyno77

I just mention this,Anthony wrote articles in the prehistoric times magazine  most articles were to do with retro dinosaur models and there manufacturing process..as far as im aware he was probably the only expert that remembered the history of model dinosaurs in the uk...

The only other source would be everything dinosaur,but i guess they wouldn't even know the history of model dinosaurs in the uk...
This goes to show how valuable his knowledge of model dinosaurs was ...
Fact is there isn't really any historians on model dinosaurs in the uk...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.