News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Trees, plants, shrubbery H.E.L.P.

Started by EmperorDinobot, September 13, 2022, 06:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Well, first and foremost, I do not believe I have ever stepped in this forum before.

Secondly, is there a website or store I can go to get realistic looking plants that will look good with my Jurassic animals, BOTM figures. and particularly Brachiosaurus, Apatosaurus and soon Dreadnoughtus? I already know what the ground around them is going to look like, but now I need plants, tall plants to make the display come together.

No, I will not make them from scratch. I do not have the time for that. Anymore.

Newt

Those are pretty big figures; the usual sources (model railroading supplies, artificial aquarium plants) may be too small. I have two suggestions: 

1) The artificial flower section of any big box craft store (Michael's, JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby) will have some ferns and such that may be useful. You can either stick them straight into the ground or attach them to a short length of stick to make tree ferns.

2) In a few weeks, the Christmas decor will start coming out - you can probably find some small artificial Christmas trees that would be about the right size. They may need a little roughing up to look more natural.

EmperorDinobot

Christmas! I live in the PNW, so evergreens make a lot of sense.

I've been to Michael's (I live practically next to one), and that's how I made my little diorama from back in the day, and I thought some of those trees were large, but unfortunately, I must go bigger now.

And yes, I plan to stick them on foam standees. They are quite sturdy, durable, but they leave off little...bits of foamy dust, but yeah. That is the general idea.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.