News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ihatefeathers144

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 02, 2013, 01:34:13 PM
QuoteThose look really nice, do you have a better picture of the sauropod?
Thanks, although I have already started to work on the Lirainosaurus by the time you wrote this comment :-[ I'll take a photo, but it will be covered in grey primer, if that is okay :)
Oh that's no problem, I just wanted to see the skin detail if that's the WSF material. Whenever you get a chance,thanks.

tyrantqueen

That crystal palace iguanodon looks interesting. I have the Kinto Favorite model of the 1850's Iguanodon btw:

I'm a big retro fan  ^-^ Do you think you could make a retro Megalosaurus, to go along with it?

Thanks for listening to all of our requests :)

Jetoar

Very cool figure, I dont wait to see the finish it
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

John

Quote from: mb-cg on February 04, 2013, 09:00:11 PM
Quote from: Joel on February 01, 2013, 07:46:16 PM
Thanks! I just bought them!

Maybe for some-non dinos, what do you think about crocodylomorphs such as Kaprosuchus and Sarcosuchus? I'd also love to see a Postosuchus! Even if you choose not to do those guys, I'm still very happy with what you have made so far! ^-^ Thank you!

Thank you!! I love the shape of the Kaprosuchus, it would be fun to model it  :D

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 01, 2013, 11:23:43 PM
Would you consider doing an edaphosaurus? With an appropriately sized pin-head, of course  ;D

There's so many replicas of Dimetrodon, but not so many of this guy

It would be fun to model too. Choosing the species to model is a torture XD

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 01, 2013, 10:24:12 PM
Hmm..a nice sized Nothosaurus would be very much appreciated.   Any interest in maybe doing Crystal Palace retro dinos in 1/40 ?  I know I among many others would love to have figures of them finally.

I thought about the Crystal Palace "dinosaurs" some time ago and even made a base model. It is unfinished so I need to detail it. Here is what I modeled:

As for which species of Edaphosaurus to consider...how about the one in all the old paintigs by Knight ect. Edaphosaurus pogonias?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Crystal Palace Iguanodon is a great start, would love to have a whole set of 1/40 Crystal Palace critters so a Megalosaurus as TQ mentioned would an awesome companion as well. You have to give the classics love. ;D

If you need any reference pics for them or anything shoot me a PM, I'll dig up some for you.

Joel

Maybe for some-non dinos, what do you think about crocodylomorphs such as Kaprosuchus and Sarcosuchus? I'd also love to see a Postosuchus! Even if you choose not to do those guys, I'm still very happy with what you have made so far! ^-^ Thank you!

Thank you!! I love the shape of the Kaprosuchus, it would be fun to model it  :D

Cool! I'd love to see one in 1/72 scale of course, but do you think you may be able to do one in 1/18? To make it easier for the machine to print out, maybe you could cut the 1/18 scale version into half. Each piece could be roughly 6 inches.

ihatefeathers144

I'd say give a couple of Abelisaurs a go in 1/40.

mb-cg

Quote from: Joel on February 05, 2013, 03:38:29 AM

Cool! I'd love to see one in 1/72 scale of course, but do you think you may be able to do one in 1/18? To make it easier for the machine to print out, maybe you could cut the 1/18 scale version into half. Each piece could be roughly 6 inches.

The WSF max bounding box  is 650x350x550mm, so even it's possible to print it in one piece.

Quote from: ihatefeathers144 on February 05, 2013, 05:12:25 AM
I'd say give a couple of Abelisaurs a go in 1/40.

That would be a good pick when I start with Theropods  :D

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 04, 2013, 09:19:19 PM
I'm a big retro fan  ^-^ Do you think you could make a retro Megalosaurus, to go along with it?
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 04, 2013, 10:26:12 PM
The Crystal Palace Iguanodon is a great start, would love to have a whole set of 1/40 Crystal Palace critters so a Megalosaurus as TQ mentioned would an awesome companion as well. You have to give the classics love. ;D

If you need any reference pics for them or anything shoot me a PM, I'll dig up some for you.

I remember watching the Crystal Palace statues in a documentary when I was a child and I always wanted to have a figure of them, so this is a good oportunity. I have modeled the Megalosaurus (it's unfinished), trying to make it as accurate as possible. Here is an image :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow ! That Meg looks great..the color gives me an idea too..I have an idea for painting it in a faux bronze now.. ;)

When you start on theropods..remember you can never have too many Allosaurs.. ;D

tyrantqueen

Almost perfect match ;D Another great thing is that this model will be super easy to paint XD

If you ever decide you want to make more retrosaurs, here is a good link for reference: http://www.copyrightexpired.com/earlyimage/prehistoriclifebeforekt/index.html

Hehe, I love retro depictions- they don't get enough love.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Same here TQ..I love the old guys..incorrect or not they were important steps in our understanding of dinosaurs and paleo-art.

SBell

I am not a retro-figure kind of collector, but I really like these. I too hope to see a whole series of Crystal Palace figures (if you're really motivated, hunt down pictures of the ones that were meant for Central Park as well!)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on February 06, 2013, 05:13:44 AM
I am not a retro-figure kind of collector, but I really like these. I too hope to see a whole series of Crystal Palace figures (if you're really motivated, hunt down pictures of the ones that were meant for Central Park as well!)

I found these I think are supposed to sketches done for Hawkins Central Park project that never was :

This is a great little book on Hawkins work :

Spino-rex13

[/quote]
This looks cool.

mmfrankford

Seriously, I'm loving your models. I even like the "iguanodon", a very iconic figure. I also second the idea of Kaprosuchus.  ^-^

amargasaurus cazaui

Still nothing in the way of a basal ceratopsian ? I had high hopes that come to be.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Joel

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 07, 2013, 02:04:47 AM
Still nothing in the way of a basal ceratopsian ? I had high hopes that come to be.
I'm sure he'll have one pretty soon, and of course it will be well worth the wait. ^-^

Dinojake

What about one of these  ;D
mamenchisaurus
Rapetosaurus
Gastonia
Pinacosaurus
Einiosaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus
Altirhinus
Daspletosaurus
Raptorex
Monolophosaurus

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Dinojake on February 08, 2013, 05:29:14 PM
mamenchisaurus
Rapetosaurus
Gastonia
Pinacosaurus
Einiosaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus
Altirhinus
Daspletosaurus
Raptorex
Monolophosaurus

I think a Mamechisaurus would be pretty cool, or a Barosaurus. I like really long necked sauropods. But I guess mb-cg has enough requests on his hands atm. I'd really just be happy with some awesome retrosaurs.

Do I dare suggest a retro recreation of the old 1910's depiction of a lizard legged Diplodocus?

mb-cg

Hello again, this is the finished "Iguanodon" and an image with the "Megalosaurus":

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 07, 2013, 02:04:47 AM

Here is the base mesh of the next model :D

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 08, 2013, 10:47:02 PM
Quote from: Dinojake on February 08, 2013, 05:29:14 PM
mamenchisaurus
Rapetosaurus
Gastonia
Pinacosaurus
Einiosaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus
Altirhinus
Daspletosaurus
Raptorex
Monolophosaurus

I think a Mamechisaurus would be pretty cool, or a Barosaurus. I like really long necked sauropods. But I guess mb-cg has enough requests on his hands atm. I'd really just be happy with some awesome retrosaurs.

Do I dare suggest a retro recreation of the old 1910's depiction of a lizard legged Diplodocus?

My workload keeps increasing XD

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 06, 2013, 06:16:06 AM
Quote from: SBell on February 06, 2013, 05:13:44 AM

I found these I think are supposed to sketches done for Hawkins Central Park project that never was :

This is a great little book on Hawkins work :

I like a lot that old drawings and the lizard-kangaroos  :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: