News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Wow, amazing ;D

Will the retrosaurs be available for purchase soon? :)

Joel

Yes, those are looking great! You are very talented, sir. Keep up the great work!  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yep, definitely ordering those as well..man I'm racking up quite a want list.. ;D

mb-cg

Thanks, I'm glad you like them ;D I made a 1/72 and 1/40 versions of both models and uploaded them to Shapeways.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mb-cg on February 10, 2013, 09:23:51 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you like them ;D I made a 1/72 and 1/40 versions of both models and uploaded them to Shapeways.

GREAT ! ;D

mb-cg

Hello, I've worked a bit more on the Yinlong. Here are a few images of the model:

amargasaurus cazaui

Now that is one amazing figure . I do not know of anything offered out there even close to that model.The detail is quite well rendered too. Let me know when this is offered please. My only suggestion would be to offer a few different poses so I can order a few of them please !! Perhaps a running version or one that is lowering to the ground in the front to grasp something?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

gorgosaurus

Would like to see a 1/40 Champsosaurus. Don´t think anyone has done one of these before.
Would be interested in several for "Best supporting actor" in my Campanian dioramas.
Am up for Crystal Palace Iguanodon and Megalosaurus too.
Spike.

ihatefeathers144

Quote from: gorgosaurus on February 12, 2013, 10:26:02 PM
Would like to see a 1/40 Champsosaurus. Don´t think anyone has done one of these before.
Would be interested in several for "Best supporting actor" in dioramas.
Spike.
I agree with Spike 110%! I have wanted a good Champsosaurus to go with my Cretaceous model kits for a long time. 1/40 would also work with 1/35 as well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That Yinlong has me curious..could a 1:1 Microceratus  be possible ? 

amargasaurus cazaui

I forgot to ask, what size are you considering offering the yinlong model at?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

SBell

Would be interested in several for "Best supporting actor" in my Campanian dioramas.
Spike.

There's a small champsosaur in the Safari Prehistoric Crocs toob. It might actually be too large, at about 3" long, for 1/40 for a smaller species (assuming 1.5/5' long for a champsosaur, the figure would be about 1 1/2" long). For C. gigas though, it would be the perfect size (at about 10'-12' long).

Either way, I would still want a Shapeways one! The same model in 1/40 and 1/72 would allow for different species in the same scene!

ihatefeathers144

Quote from: SBell on February 13, 2013, 04:54:49 AM
Spike.

There's a small champsosaur in the Safari Prehistoric Crocs toob. It might actually be too large, at about 3" long, for 1/40 for a smaller species (assuming 1.5/5' long for a champsosaur, the figure would be about 1 1/2" long). For C. gigas though, it would be the perfect size (at about 10'-12' long).

I have the same figure and I was planning to make a resin copy & re-sculpt the jaws. However, a Shapeways figure in several different poses perhaps is a much better proposition than that Sow's ear into a Silk purse project.

Either way, I would still want a Shapeways one! The same model in 1/40 and 1/72 would allow for different species in the same scene!

gorgosaurus

Quote from: SBell on February 13, 2013, 04:54:49 AM
Safari´s Champsosaur is too clumsily sculpted for my purposes. A mb-cg Shapeways alternative would hopefully allow access to finer, more anatomically authentic detail.
Spike.

mb-cg

Spike.

It would be printable only in frosted ultra detail. I will do a quick test model and will show it here.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 13, 2013, 03:17:09 AM
I forgot to ask, what size are you considering offering the yinlong model at?

I'm modeling it for 1/10, I think it will be the best scale to have the details visible in the final figure.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 12, 2013, 11:39:31 PM

I think that it would be possible in WSF, but it would not be very cheap... The cost of the figure depends on the volume, and it would be very high

amargasaurus cazaui

If the holotype of yinlong was 9.8 feet long, that would make a 1/10 rendition roughly a foot long then if I understand scales at all? That would be an amazing model to have !

SBell

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 13, 2013, 08:53:22 PM
If the holotype of yinlong was 9.8 feet long, that would make a 1/10 rendition roughly a foot long then if I understand scales at all? That would be an amazing model to have !

That would be enormous! As far as Shapeways goes. I would happier with a smaller one--1/30 or 1/40. If for no other reason, the cost on that much material at Shapeways would be...prohibitive.

mb-cg

I had the Princeton Field Guide by S. Paul as reference and I think the size is about 4 or 5 foot. I've searched a bit more and I've only seen that size (9.8 ft) in Wikipedia. I don't know which one is more reliable. The model I'm working on is about 16cm.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mb-cg on February 13, 2013, 07:43:49 PM

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 12, 2013, 11:39:31 PM

I think that it would be possible in WSF, but it would not be very cheap... The cost of the figure depends on the volume, and it would be very high

If it ballparked around 100.00 or so I'd be game. Maybe a hatchling Allosaurus would also be possible. ;) I know David once mentioned something about hollowing out a piece to a certain extent..is that possible ? Could allow larger pieces for less price then.

Joel

Quote from: mb-cg on February 13, 2013, 09:56:32 PM
I had the Princeton Field Guide by S. Paul as reference and I think the size is about 4 or 5 foot. I've searched a bit more and I've only seen that size (9.8 ft) in Wikipedia. I don't know which one is more reliable. The model I'm working on is about 16cm.
I'd go with GSP's Field Guide. I'm not sure if those who edit Wikipedia have access to the source material.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: