News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radman

Lirainosaurus:

What a beautiful little dinosaur.  It's not quite finished yet, but the morning sun was so perfect, I couldn't resist taking a picture.  Looking forward to more of your wonderful creations, Manuel. :)

postsaurischian

SBell

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 20, 2013, 05:34:41 AM
Quote from: SBell on February 20, 2013, 05:21:19 AM
In response to the base question--it just seems that a figure in a diving position may not be easily displayed without something holding it up. I know that making something isn't impossible--I've got lots of Colorata acrylic rods and a base can be made of anything, really--but sometimes it's nice to have a one piece somehow!

And while I hate to weigh in...I think Tyrantqueen was referring to your specifically asking this artist for more progress (and more, similar dinos) when he has so many other suggestions and projects ongoing--when they're done, he lets us know!
Er so  we by that logic shouldnt be suggesting further champosaur type animals, poses and such , as well as modications to the existing model correct? That would seem very greedy when he has already finished one model yes? He will of course let you know when they are done yes? Isnt this the same thing your complaining about? I guess it just looks better when you do it right?
  The yinlong is NOT finished and why I inquired is all. Meantime there were multiple horned dinosaurs made, retrosaurs and now the champosaurus, which we want in all sizes, shapes, poses and now species. Apparently since I am not inquiring about the retro figures or the champosaurus I am not supposed to post according to your comments. I am waiting and wanting to purchase the item for a given purpose as I stated. I am not moving and unable to even purchase, so I am unsure why you would attempt to censor my posts.
  Please notify me when the model is completed Manuel, and thanks for your work. The model is amazing. I recently purchased your herrasasaurus despite not caring much for Shapeways from a previous bad transaction. It has gone to England and is in Mr Garrets capable hands for painting and basing. Perhaps I can offer pictures soon. Thanks for all your efforts, and the gorgeous work.

I knew I shouldn't weigh in ::)...I was just clarifying what I thought Tyrantqueen was saying. I'm not censoring anything, nor do I have the ability or desire to do so. Why make this forum so reactive and humorless?

Manuel will make what he makes, and they're all amazing. And the beauty of 3D printing is that different scales or poses are relatively  (compared to hand sculpting) straightforward, suiting various collections or purposes. His skill and speed just gives everyone's imagination a push when it comes to the things we'd like to see, but in all likelihood are not really feasible from a larger manufacturer's perspective (I can't imagine Safari making a 10-pose toob of champsosaurs, for example! Or even Yinlong, sadly).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Let's just drop it right there shall we ?  If MB-CG feels we're overloading him I'm sure he'll say so and should feel free to. :)

Quote from: radman on February 20, 2013, 01:22:39 PM
Lirainosaurus:

What a beautiful little dinosaur.  It's not quite finished yet, but the morning sun was so perfect, I couldn't resist taking a picture.  Looking forward to more of your wonderful creations, Manuel. :)

Nice ! Are the little swirls and patterns a result of the creation process ? They look pretty cool on this one. :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 20, 2013, 05:18:58 PM
Let's just drop it right there shall we ?  If MB-CG feels we're overloading him I'm sure he'll say so and should feel free to. :)

Lirainosaurus:

Nice ! Are the little swirls and patterns a result of the creation process ? They look pretty cool on this one. :)
No, they're past of the casting process and are a usually seen on every model, but one side only. I mentioned it here: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1039.60.html

It is a artifact of the layer process.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would be cool if they were on both sides to even things up so to speak. I think in this case at least they look good on it.

martin garratt

Jodee

Absolutely beautiful work Manuel!

Jodee

mmfrankford

Really impressed with the talent shown on the forum. Great sculpts and great paint ups.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mmfrankford on February 21, 2013, 02:28:02 AM
Really impressed with the talent shown on the forum. Great sculpts and great paint ups.

Of course ! We have some awesomely talented people here..including yourself Melissa. :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: martin garratt on February 20, 2013, 11:00:12 PM
Pentaceratops

:D Wonderful refinement of a beautiful model, Martin! I have to send you some of mine ;).

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 20, 2013, 09:10:05 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 20, 2013, 05:18:58 PM
Lirainosaurus:

No, they're past of the casting process and are a usually seen on every model, but one side only. I mentioned it here: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1039.60.html

It is a artifact of the layer process.

Basically true.

But in addition it should be said that it's not equally visible on every model.
There must also be other reasons that have to do with the designing process - or the condition the respective printing machine is in - or the person that governs the data :o ..... we're all only human ;D.

Another thing: The bigger the models are, the less these pattern flaws seem to appear. I just got my mb-cg creations 1:40 delivery and I do not see any swirls and patterns on the Lirainosaurus :). Also nothing visible on the ceratopsians and ornithischians (they're GREAT by the way ;D Thank you, Manuel).

Always go for the bigger scale models when you're ordering in white, strong & flexible!

Jetoar

Wonderful paint sculpture as ever  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

QuoteAnother thing: The bigger the models are, the less these pattern flaws seem to appear. I just got my mb-cg creations 1:40 delivery and I do not see any swirls and patterns on the Lirainosaurus
Oh, right. I have the 1/40 Lirainosaurus too, but mine has the rough layering effect that is seen here. I guess you got lucky :X

radman

Okay, mostly finished.  This is is the Lirainosaurus 1:40 model; fairly small for a sauropod, but still the size of an elephant or more.

The little concentric rings left by the casting/creating process don't bother me at all; in fact, I think they're kind of cool  Plus, they're barely noticeable, for the most part, upon casual obsevation.
:)

postsaurischian

:D Beautiful pictures!

I like your paintjob with the blue head - congratulations!

mb-cg

There is no problem with the "controversy" XD It's a pleasure modelling this creatures and I wish I had more time to model even more  :))

I have uploaded the Champsosaurus to Shapeways and finally added a 1/20 version. The models meet requirements, so I expect there won't be problems printing them.

I've been testing a new running pose for the Yinlong and here is what I got:

Quote from: mmfrankford on February 21, 2013, 02:28:02 AM
Quote from: Jodee on February 21, 2013, 01:40:14 AM
Absolutely beautiful work Manuel!

Jodee

Thanks for your kind words  :D

Quote from: martin garratt on February 20, 2013, 11:00:12 PM
Pentaceratops

The paintjob is awesome, I love the colours. It's a great honour seeing one of my models painted by you  :D

Quote from: radman on February 21, 2013, 08:21:29 PM
Okay, mostly finished.  This is is the Lirainosaurus 1:40 model; fairly small for a sauropod, but still the size of an elephant or more.

I also like that blue head, glad to see the Lirainosaurus enjoying the nature  :D

SBell

That Yinlong looks awesome...and so my list grows...

And I can't wait to add the champsosaurs!

amargasaurus cazaui

That yinlong is amazing. I would purchase both poses if offered. Stunning model, and nothing like it so far exists that I can find
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Joel

Great job on the Champosaurs! I'll order the 1/20 version when I place my next order! ^-^
And the Yinlong looks nice too!

tyrantqueen

Good work with the Yinlong. I am looking forward to your next project ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: