News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Here I have MB's 1/10 Yinlong in FUD.

Still excited for my Spinosaur prints to arrive >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Gotta love ghost dinosaurs ! lol

mb-cg

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 18, 2013, 11:35:11 AM
Here I have MB's 1/10 Yinlong in FUD.

Thanks for the photos :D

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 18, 2013, 03:24:46 PM
Gotta love ghost dinosaurs ! lol

"I see dead dinosaurs"  ::)

Finally I uploaded the fishing Baryonyx, 1/40 for the moment. I also modeled a Onchopristis and I have uploaded a 1/72 version and a separate base that is suitable also for the 1/72 Ophtalmosaurus.

amargasaurus cazaui

I am still very fond of that Yinlong model....I did want to ask, if you don't mind TQ....I had thought you purchased this one once before in the WSF material? Did you get two of them then, both in the walking pose? I was curious how much detail level there actually is between the two if I am right.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 18, 2013, 09:56:10 PM
I am still very fond of that Yinlong model....I did want to ask, if you don't mind TQ....I had thought you purchased this one once before in the WSF material? Did you get two of them then, both in the walking pose? I was curious how much detail level there actually is between the two if I am right.
Oh no I don't mind :)  I think the Yinlong you are remembering is the one which was standing upon a rock:

I did buy that one, about a year ago. The walking one, which I posted today, I ordered in late November/early December.

Unfortunately, I don't have the photograph of the WSF Yinlong any more (it's a long story but it was due to circumstances beyond my control that it was deleted, along with many other photos...)

I have a huge backlog of Shapeways models I want to paint, but I have had "painter's block" (if such a thing exists) for about a year now, and haven't really been able to get anything done :-[

I don't know if you're interested in my opinion regarding the differences of detail between the two materials, but I'll offer it here in case. I have not ordered many FUD models because of the price (this is my second FUD model) and I don't think I will use it again. The detail is slightly better, but I don't think the price Shapeways asks for it is justifiable.  I think I'll stick to WSF for the most part. I'll probably sound like an idiot for saying this, but when the two materials are both covered in paint, the detail levels look pretty much the same to me :-[

But hey, if you want to try ordering FUD to see whether you like it or not, this would be a good model to pick, since it's small and not too expensive.

I hope that answers your question :)

Yutyrannus

Love the Onchopristis! Next how about a 1/40 scale Lepidotes :)?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

SBell

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 18, 2013, 11:24:05 PM
Love the Onchopristis! Next how about a 1/40 scale Lepidotes :)?

1/72 would be good too! And I'll never stop asking until a Bawitius and Mawsonia show up ; and a separate Ceratodus ;D But I value and appreciate that you are making any of them at all.

amargasaurus cazaui

Actually you were quite helpful with your opinion as you reinforced what I had already somewhat arrived at myself, in that while the FUD detail level is nicer, it is hard to justify for the price once painted.
The Yinlong standing on the rock base was the original model he released that I already have then, and mine was done up by Martin for me.
The entire discussion makes me wonder how the dinosaur would print at 1/5 scale and if it would make the transition well....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

1/35 Baryonyx in WSF. Spinosaurus is coming too, on the 25th >:D

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 23, 2013, 11:25:08 AM

This just reinforces for me the necessity to get my hands on this model...lovely acquisition.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

dutchdinolover

tyrantqueen

Thanks guys :) Manuel did an amazing job, as usual.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very cool ! I have so many of these on my Christmas list..wonder how many I'll get ? ;)

mb-cg

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 23, 2013, 11:25:08 AM

Thanks TQ, glad you liked it  :D

Here is a quick image I did with two of my models (I know Spinosaurus and Coronosaurus didn't live together ;)), Merry Christmas to all!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hey it works !

Merry Christmas !

pascosaur

perfect figures! the amount of détails is amazing even in white
isn't it Blade of the Moon ?
just kidding sir!!! ;)

thank you Manuel

a lonely Yangchouanosaurus Shangyouensis (1/40)

Ceratosaurus Nasicornis versus Stégosaurus Stenops

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome pics !  Sadly I didn't get any for Christmas off my wish list. Oh well.

amargasaurus cazaui

Could'nt resist this....when you consider the amount of talent that went into this little piece it is amazing. Sculpts of the psittacosaurs, by Aaron Doyle, the sign sculpted by MB and if you look closely you will notice the nest of eggs, also done by MB. Add to that Martin's paintwork and base, as well as paint for the egg nest, and voila.....I think I will leave the sign placed there for display, it just looks nice like that.

alexeratops

Quote from: pascosaur on December 27, 2013, 12:27:54 AM
perfect figures! the amount of détails is amazing even in white
isn't it Blade of the Moon ?
just kidding sir!!! ;)

thank you Manuel

a lonely Yangchouanosaurus Shangyouensis (1/40)

Ceratosaurus Nasicornis versus Stégosaurus Stenops

Okay its official. I'm getting the Ceratosaurus and Yangchouanosaurus, 1/40. NO MORE SUGGESTION THREAD FOR ME!
Also, can the Cerato stand on its own, without him holding on to something?
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm sure you'll be happy with them !

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: