News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mb-cg creations

Started by mb-cg, December 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mb-cg

Thank you for your comments, I'm glad you like the models  :D. I have rigged the model so I can test a lot of different poses (even animate it). This is my first test:

Quote from: Patrx on January 25, 2013, 03:00:40 AM
The Pentaceratops looks very cool so far! Two things I might consider adjusting, however:

• The outer two digits of each hand ought to lack nails/claws, with the hands rotated  slightly outward instead of directly forward.

• The orbit (eye socket) is probably a little to conspicuous.
Quote from: gorgosaurus on January 25, 2013, 01:33:03 PM
Looks very promising. Agree that the eye is a tiny bit too large and prominent, also the outer 2 digits of the manus probably were hoofless and the manus should be turned slightly.
Will watch how this develops, interested in well-portrayed Ceratopians.
Spike.

Thanks a lot for your advices, I tried to fix them  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice ! I kinda like this pose..he's bellowing so that's a plus. Maybe he looks startled ?

tyrantqueen

The pose looks good :) It's very naturalistic :)

Sorry for asking this, but how long do you think it'll be before it's available for purchase on Shapeways? I'm soo excited :D

amargasaurus cazaui

oh well, so much for a basal ceratopsian.  :-\ :-\
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

SBell

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 26, 2013, 08:23:26 AM

Well, they may not have the same appeal for sales that the large-frilled ones have.

Of course, it turns out that there may be two Pentaceratops figures on Shapeways--start your herd!

http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1039.new.html#new

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just because it's not made this time, doesn't mean one won't be made at all. ;)

mb-cg

Quote from: SBell on January 26, 2013, 02:38:15 PM

Well, they may not have the same appeal for sales that the large-frilled ones have.

Of course, it turns out that there may be two Pentaceratops figures on Shapeways--start your herd!

http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1039.new.html#new

I hadn't seen it, well, the styles are a bit different xD

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 26, 2013, 03:47:24 PM

Just because it's not made this time, doesn't mean one won't be made at all. ;)

You are right Blade, a basal ceratopsian could be the next, amargasaurus  ;) I have to find good references.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 26, 2013, 08:15:15 AM
The pose looks good :) It's very naturalistic :)

Sorry for asking this, but how long do you think it'll be before it's available for purchase on Shapeways? I'm soo excited :D

Hello, the 1/40 version is available a few minutes ago  :D

Quote from: Joel on January 23, 2013, 08:07:51 PM
Wow, it's looking great so far! Thank you so much for doing Pentaceratops! ^-^ I'm going to get at least two, so I can convert one into a Chasmosaurus. I'd love to see you do a Daspletosaurus and/or a Torvosaurus at some point. ;D

That gave me the idea so I have made a test converting the Pentaceratops into a Chasmosaurus:

Patrx

Both versions look excellent, Manuel! Definitely my favorites from you thus far :)

mmfrankford

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mmfrankford on January 26, 2013, 09:47:00 PM
I'm loving these!  ;D

You know this means we'll have to do another order soon ! lol  ;D

Joel

Quote from: mb-cg on January 26, 2013, 08:37:24 PM
That gave me the idea so I have made a test converting the Pentaceratops into a Chasmosaurus:
Cool! :)) Now I don't have to worry about coverting one! ^-^

Hello, the 1/40 version is available a few minutes ago  :D
It looks nice! I'm waiting to get the 1/72 version, but I'll hold off until you also upload the Chasmosaurus.

radman

So, I don't think anyone has shown these yet, here are the 1:40 Herrerasaurus and Troodon.  They are appropriately small; the Troodon is perhaps the smallest figure out there next to the Antediluvia Utahraptor and some of the Sega minis.  Regardless, they are both nice, and are shown here with just a base coat and prelim blackwash.  Needless to say painting them will be a tricky, but fun (and likely quick) endeavor.  MB has done a very nice job with both of these!  The Schleich guy Hans is shown in a couple pics for scale.

And some 1:72 Paras look on in amusement:

The bumpy look of the troodon's head - these are supposed to be feathers, and will certainly look better in the final product.  ;)

gorgosaurus

Quote from: mb-cg on January 26, 2013, 01:29:45 AM
Thank you for your comments, I'm glad you like the models  :D. I have rigged the model so I can test a lot of different poses (even animate it). This is my first test:

Nice posing, looking forward to seeing an image of an actual 3D-print.
Spike.

gorgosaurus

Very keen to see a 3D-print of this in a more animated posture, too!
Spike.

Patrx

Quote from: gorgosaurus on January 28, 2013, 10:48:48 PM
Very keen to see a 3D-print of this in a more animated posture, too!
Spike.

Not quite a print, but the Chasmosaurus is on Shapeways already, posed like this:

Also, if you click the "Edit" button on any of your posts, you can add to it, instead of making a whole new post :)

mb-cg

Quote from: Patrx on January 26, 2013, 08:56:08 PM
Both versions look excellent, Manuel! Definitely my favorites from you thus far :)

Thanks for your technical/paleontological help!!

radman > Despite the size, the detail is really good in WSF, great diorama you have there  :D

Here is a couple of Chasmosaurus talking about their problems :D

gorgosaurus

Good idea with the slight differences making possible some interaction between a pair of animals in a vignette.
I´m on the hook.
Spike.

SBell

Now we need a Coronasaurus brinkmani! Sorry, I just got the Facebook message that Centrosaurus brinkmani had been reassigned...

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol they look like a couple of buds for sure !

I'm certainly planning to order the Pentaceratops..but I'm gonna hold off and what else I can add to the same order. You turn these guys out so quick ! :)

If we're still wish-listing I'd like to see an Appalachiosaurus. ;D

Joel

I love the poses for these guys! Now I just need to wait for the 1/72 versions to be uploaded and then I'll get them as well as the 1/72 Pentaceratops.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: