News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

J

Potential well known dinosaurs for Mojo Fun

Started by john2xtheman, December 03, 2012, 08:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What well known dinosaurs do you want to see from Mojo Fun?

Ceratosaurus nasicornis
12 (16.2%)
Styracosaurus albertensis
5 (6.8%)
Diplodocus longus
8 (10.8%)
Dilophosaurus wetherilli
6 (8.1%)
Lambeosaurus lambei
18 (24.3%)
Lambeosaurus magnicristatus
11 (14.9%)
Archaeopteryx lithographica
17 (23%)
Tyrannosaurus rex
6 (8.1%)
Triceratops horridus
3 (4.1%)
Ankylosaurus magniventris
1 (1.4%)
Giraffatitan brancai
5 (6.8%)
Stegosaurus stenops
4 (5.4%)
Iguanodon bernissartensis
11 (14.9%)
Baryonyx walkeri
21 (28.4%)
Deinonychus antirhhopus
9 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 74

CityRaptor

Actually 1:3.

So waht about Stegosaurus stenops?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyForum

I've edited the poll so we can choose two options.   :)

John

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 04, 2012, 10:39:21 PM
So we assume Mojö starts fresh and improves on Dinosaurs, right?

Why are two Lambeosaurus on the Poll, but not Stegosaurus?
I'm not going to remove someone's vote for one of the species of Lambeosaurus by removing one of them,but I have replaced Brachiosaurus altithorax (there is already Giraffatitan brancai in the poll which is much more famous despite the new name) in favor of the even more famous Stegosaurus.I'm keeping the count at 15 choices so it can be more easily managed. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Quote from: Horridus on December 04, 2012, 06:28:53 PM
Can't we have Diplodocus carnegii instead of D. longus? ;)

How about a dromaeosaur? Any will do, as long as it's feathered and not some 1990s throwback (Schleich!). Deinonychus would be a good one, as it's well known and more mean-looking than Velociraptor (stouter, larger claws).
I heard there is a possibility that Diplodocus carnegii may actually be synonymous with the type species D. longus,but I haven't heard anything more about it recently.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Patrx

1/3, eh? Okay, that seems like a good scale to do Archaeopteryx in :)

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 04, 2012, 10:54:47 PM
I've edited the poll so we can choose two options.   :)

Cool! I'll add in a vote for Deinonychus, then.

CityRaptor

Quote from: John on December 04, 2012, 11:03:11 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on December 04, 2012, 10:39:21 PM
So we assume Mojö starts fresh and improves on Dinosaurs, right?

Why are two Lambeosaurus on the Poll, but not Stegosaurus?
I'm not going to remove someone's vote for one of the species of Lambeosaurus by removing one of them,but I have replaced Brachiosaurus altithorax (there is already Giraffatitan brancai in the poll which is much more famous despite the new name) in favor of the even more famous Stegosaurus.I'm keeping the count at 15 choices so it can be more easily managed. :)

Thanks! Voted for Stegosaurus and Deinonychus then.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ZoPteryx

Brontozaurus

I voted for Baryonyx and Deinonychus, because I like those guys.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Jetoar

Ceratosaurus nasicornis
Styracosaurus albertensis
Diplodocus longus
Archaeopteryx lithographica
Iguanodon bernissartensis
Baryonyx walkeri
Deinonychus antirhhopus
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Horridus

Quote from: John on December 04, 2012, 11:06:01 PM
How about a dromaeosaur? Any will do, as long as it's feathered and not some 1990s throwback (Schleich!). Deinonychus would be a good one, as it's well known and more mean-looking than Velociraptor (stouter, larger claws).
I heard there is a possibility that Diplodocus carnegii may actually be synonymous with the type species D. longus,but I haven't heard anything more about it recently.
I was joking, but...I must say, I haven't heard that one, although I am aware that some people have made the case for Diplodocus hallorum (aka "Seismosaurus") simply being a large individual of one of the other species.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

John

Quote from: Horridus on December 05, 2012, 07:11:03 PM
Quote from: John on December 04, 2012, 11:06:01 PM
I was joking, but...I must say, I haven't heard that one, although I am aware that some people have made the case for Diplodocus hallorum (aka "Seismosaurus") simply being a large individual of one of the other species.
There was supposed to be a revision of Diplodocus species a few years back,but I guess nothing ever came out of it.Nothing has been published so far on it at least.So far Seismosaurus being sunk into the genus Diplodocus has been the only thing I've really heard about recently.

John

I was not expecting Archaeopteryx to end up being a front runner,but it is the one with the most votes so far. :)
I would pick one up in a flash,but since it's not something big or fierce I wonder how well it would sell outside of the most hardcore collectors...
Though in the case of the one that's the runner-up so far (Baryonyx),there is it's obvious relation to the popular (thanks to Jurassic Park 3)Spinosaurus going for it. ^-^

Patrx

Quote from: John on December 06, 2012, 03:40:59 AM
I was not expecting Archaeopteryx to end up being a front runner,but it is the one with the most votes so far. :) I would pick one up in a flash,but since it's not something big or fierce I wonder how well it would sell outside of the most hardcore collectors.

Hah, I'd not be surprised if even the general public has had enough "big and fierce" dinosaurs by this point.

ajax

Quote from: Pixelboy on December 06, 2012, 04:13:06 AM
I was not expecting Archaeopteryx to end up being a front runner,but it is the one with the most votes so far. :) I would pick one up in a flash,but since it's not something big or fierce I wonder how well it would sell outside of the most hardcore collectors.

Hah, I'd not be surprised if even the general public has had enough "big and fierce" dinosaurs by this point.

Dont tell the JP4 writers that. They will somehow have to change an Allosaurus into a Archaeopteryx.

Takama

Quote from: ajax on December 06, 2012, 04:36:05 AM

Dont tell the JP4 writers that. They will somehow have to change an Allosaurus into a Archaeopteryx.

You know what?    Let them do that.

THE PUPLIC MUST KNOW THATT THERE ARE SMALLER DINOSAURS OUT THERE, AND NOT JUST BIG MEAN TOOTHY ONES THAT ARE CAPABLE OF CHOMPING A MAN IN TWO James, Take note ;)

Seijun

They would just make it a flock of killer Archaeopteryx, like they did with the Compsognathus. Movies and TV shows don't let impossibly small size stop them from making a dinosaur into a man-eater.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

John

Sorry Pixelboy but no,not everyone has "had enough" of the big and fierce variety...one of my votes was for Ceratosaurus ;D

Patrx

Quote from: John on December 06, 2012, 08:53:04 PM

Sorry Pixelboy but no,not everyone has "had enough" of the big and fierce variety...one of my votes was for Ceratosaurus ;D

Hah, well, Ceratosaurus is pretty interesting - but with the Fauna Casts version on the market, I personally have no need for another. Now, if Mojo wanted to make a feathered Ceratosaurus, that'd make for some lovely variety  8)

ajax

Quote from: John on December 06, 2012, 08:53:04 PM

I was the other vote for Cerato. The new Safari one just didn't cut it.

dinonikes

As an 'outsider' watching form the sidelines, I have to make one observation, or critique of the process used to gather suggestions for Mojo-
It seems like you all jumped rather quickly into your poll before all members would have a chance to make suggestions- the original post for this thread for example is only dated the third- today is the sixth- as one who went through this process myself when I was taking suggestions of what to make it took a while for all members to find the thread, and to think over their desires and to submit them to me- it seems like three days to collect ideas and then to make a poll that one has to then choose from without seemingly to having an input into what is voted on is unfair to those member who might have wanted to have had more of an input than to just be able to vote for those species tha others got to decide were the candidates up for vote- I hope you get my point here- not trying to rain on anyones enthusiasm over having the chance to pick ideas for a toy company that might actually listen to forum members- just trying to point out what I see as an unfair situation to those members who may have say been working, or our of town etc. and were not able to get involved until later in the game than three days time-

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: