News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, November 09, 2022, 01:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Actually I like that ceratopsian.

Jorgesaurus

I love the einiosaurus papo 2023

SidB

Quote from: Jorgesaurus on November 13, 2022, 01:47:24 PMI love the einiosaurus papo 2023
Smallish head aside, I may get this one, regardless. Chalk it up to natural variability.

austrosaurus

Yet more proof that Papo have just about joined Schleich in complete irrelevance when it comes to accurate, realistic dinosaur models.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: RolandEden on November 12, 2022, 08:28:48 PMquestion: Mr Seo did the einiosaurus? Im not sure due there is no beter quality pics of einio

No, he didn't.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Mattyonyx on November 14, 2022, 05:22:48 PM
Quote from: RolandEden on November 12, 2022, 08:28:48 PMquestion: Mr Seo did the einiosaurus? Im not sure due there is no beter quality pics of einio

No, he didn't.
Source? Im notice some traits, but like I said befoe I need better resolution of the pics

Halichoeres

To me the Einiosaurus much more closely resembles the work of the sculptor who made the Amargasaurus, although I don't think we've ever known their name.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Quote from: RolandEden on November 14, 2022, 06:27:59 PM
Quote from: Mattyonyx on November 14, 2022, 05:22:48 PM

No, he didn't.
Source? Im notice some traits, but like I said befoe I need better resolution of the pics

I think the difference in style (and quality) compared to the Pentaceratops on the same page is good enough an indicator that they're not from the same sculptor.

GiganotosaurusFan

Seems like the same sculptor as the Concavenator.
Also, I think that we can divide the work of Papo into 3 sculptors:
Mr. Seo Jung Woon: Penta, Giga(skin detail similarity), Spinosaurus(both), Mosasaurus, Kronosaurus, etc.
Unknown Sculptor 1(may work for Schleich as well, detail work similar): Tylosaurus, Protoceratops, maybe Einosaurus(detail work)?
Unknown Sculptor 2: Plesiosaurus, Amargasaurus, Concavenator, maybe Einosaurus(similar detail work)?
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

suspsy

Everything Dinosaur just announced that the Mosasaurus and the Kronosaurus will now be 2023 toys, coming out in Q1 and Q3 respectively.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Loon

I gotta say, I like the Cocavenator in a way. We throw "movie monster" around a lot for figures that are really just poor reconstructions, but this at least looks like something you'd see in a monster movie. I can just imagine this jerk snickering with Titanosaurus at the bottom of the sea.

Lynx

Concavenator
I still like this model. Many people hate it, but I just can't grow to dislike it. Maybe I just got whacked in the head somewhere early on, because I also like Schleichs Velociraptors, Carnotaurus, and Giganotosaurus, but who knows. 8/10, will be purchasing.

Einosaurus
"Alright Papo, you just made an amazing Pentaceratops and Styracosaurus, some of the best models you have to offer. Now people want even more ceratopsians! Maybe a widely requested triceratops r-"

"Einosaurus."

"I mean, that's fine too, I am sure it would look amaz-"

"And reduce its neck to less than a centimeter."

3/10.

Mosasaurus
Surprisingly, I love this model. Many people are not a fan due to the fishtail and poor anatomy in some areas, but I like it quite a bit. 9/10.

Kronosaurus
By far one of Papos best releases in a while. Good anatomy, detail that tells a story, and a nice pose that does not make it belly-flat on the shelf while still looking amazing and realistic. 10/10, if only their dinosaurs were like this!
An oversized house cat.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Lynx on December 01, 2022, 05:01:22 PMConcavenator
Mosasaurus
Surprisingly, I love this model. Many people are not a fan due to the fishtail and poor anatomy in some areas, but I like it quite a bit. 9/10.
Why would the fish tail be a slight against the figure? The fish tail is accurate.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Lynx

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 02, 2022, 10:59:06 PM
Quote from: Lynx on December 01, 2022, 05:01:22 PMConcavenator
Mosasaurus
Why would the fish tail be a slight against the figure? The fish tail is accurate.
Heard a bunch of people complaining about the fish tail on a discord server. Not the fluke, but the tail itself.
An oversized house cat.

Thialfi

Carnoking

Doesn't look half bad for a Papo interpretation. I'm particularly fond of it with the mouth closed. I don't know, I suppose I could be swayed.

suspsy

Not bad, but the new CollectA one looks better.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

CollectA's is the way to go. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that right whale though.

Pliosaurking

Collecta's is definitely superior, although this is alright looking. It looks better with the mouth closed in my eyes.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on December 29, 2022, 06:07:26 PMCollectA's is the way to go. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that right whale though.

Looks a bit small. Too bad, I was thinking of getting it to represent the southern right whale (I use the Safari as a northern)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: