News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TNG Prehistoric Figures (Unending Tedium)

Started by Loon, January 28, 2023, 03:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 24, 2023, 10:15:01 AMHmm. I wonder if that was a glitch/mistake. Had a new update this morning that seems to cancel the previous update and now it's just no information available about delivery date.

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 23, 2023, 07:19:56 AMMy Stegodon is now marked as shipped

That's strange. My seller contacted me personally a couple days ago to confirm shipment of my Stegodon and Mammoth. Aliexpress trackising also confirms this.

ceratopsian

It looks like this morning's message was the glitch rather than the original despatched message.  It's now showing that the package is at the Fenggang sorting centre.

Quote from: Flaffy on March 24, 2023, 11:56:17 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on March 24, 2023, 10:15:01 AMHmm. I wonder if that was a glitch/mistake. Had a new update this morning that seems to cancel the previous update and now it's just no information available about delivery date.

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 23, 2023, 07:19:56 AMMy Stegodon is now marked as shipped

That's strange. My seller contacted me personally a couple days ago to confirm shipment of my Stegodon and Mammoth. Aliexpress trackising also confirms this.

Remko

Just received the Stegodon, Elasmotherium and Megacerops today.

Wow, what a fantastic figures these are!
I have no interest in TNG's dinosaur figures, but their prehistoric mammals are beautiful.

Just wondering if I keep the Elasmotherium as it is, or if I modify it from giant horn to weird bulb as it is now thought to have had.  ;D  8)

Looking forward to their other figures in the future.

SidB

Quote from: Remko on April 06, 2023, 11:53:39 AMJust received the Stegodon, Elasmotherium and Megacerops today.

Wow, what a fantastic figures these are!
I have no interest in TNG's dinosaur figures, but their prehistoric mammals are beautiful.

Just wondering if I keep the Elasmotherium as it is, or if I modify it from giant horn to weird bulb as it is now thought to have had.  ;D  8)

Looking forward to their other figures in the future.
R @Remko , I've gotten all five of the mammals and my reaction , like yours, is positive. I too have no interest in the dinosaurs as of yet. You might want to consider getting another Elasmo and modifying one, to compare and contrast the two possibilities. Just a thought.

ceratopsian

I find their dinosaurs uninspiring but I'm very happy with my Stegodon.

bmathison1972

I've gotten both the Stegodon and Elasmotherium recently and very happy with both!

Bread

They look great, but at what scale are these models at? Hoping for 1/35th

Remko

Quote from: Bread on April 06, 2023, 02:35:33 PMThey look great, but at what scale are these models at? Hoping for 1/35th

There's no scale on the boxes.
But they appear to be 1/35th-ish.

Both the Elasmotherium and Megacerops stand about 70 mm tall at the shoulders.
Which calculates to about 2,5 meters in 1/35th. Perfectly accecptable.

The Stegodon is app. 96 mm tall at the shoulders, which comes to abouy 3,35 meter in 1/35th.

Although it's unclear which species the Stegodon represents, as there are several. But this size suggests one of the medium species.

They scale nicely with the Eofauna proboscideans.

Flaffy

Quote from: Remko on April 06, 2023, 02:58:55 PM
Quote from: Bread on April 06, 2023, 02:35:33 PMThey look great, but at what scale are these models at? Hoping for 1/35th

There's no scale on the boxes.
But they appear to be 1/35th-ish.

Both the Elasmotherium and Megacerops stand about 70 mm tall at the shoulders.
Which calculates to about 2,5 meters in 1/35th. Perfectly accecptable.

The Stegodon is app. 96 mm tall at the shoulders, which comes to abouy 3,35 meter in 1/35th.

Although it's unclear which species the Stegodon represents, as there are several. But this size suggests one of the medium species.

They scale nicely with the Eofauna proboscideans.

It's S. zdanskyi I believe. Since they specified its meant to represent the species found in/around the yellow river.

SidB

Has anyone picked up any discussion or news about TNG on social media recently? Any chatter about plans or prospects?

Sim

I received some messages, saying the TNG Cryolophosaurus will be available in early May with a request to extend delivery time to prevent my order from automatically closing.  I've extended the delivery time, and am looking forward to getting my feathered Cryolophosaurus!

Sim

A @Andysdinosaurreviews, since you've got contact info for TNG, have you asked them if they plan to release any more figures?

Sim

Well, the seller told me the figure I paid for is available earlier than expected and it's now on its way to me.

TheImmortalEye

Sim

To post images on this forum, go to the "Forum and blog business" section of the forum and the first thread there tells you how to post images on this forum.

ceratopsian

Note that the process of actually inserting your photo has changed a little since those instructions were written.  It's easiest now to use the picture icon, which looks like a TV screen. You paste the location of your image into the "insert" box. All the rest is the same as before.  The process sounds cumbersome but it's fine once you are used to it.

Sim

TheImmortalEye

thx i figured it out and well idk if it helps anyone here , but i got the cryolophosaurus and pleasently suprised its kinda charming and different from the picture used. sadly i dont have the Pnso yet for a good comparison. i even think for the price of 15-20 hes sorta better than the pnso one which i dont like for both the shaggy brown coat and the dinos dubiosity ( yutyrannus being a rex or an allosauroid etc)

https://dinodadreviews.files.wordpress.com/2023/02/yutyrannus-vs-cryolophosaurus.jpg?w=1024

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: