News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Triceratops acquisitions

Started by modelnut, February 16, 2023, 09:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

modelnut

In the last year I have collected several Triceratops figures and models. But these latest have me scratching my head as to what scale they are supposed to be. They are CollectA's latest Triceratops horridus, Shane Foulkes Little Mike and Rebor's Horn of Doom. So I broke out my calipers and tickled Google for facts and figures. Using 2.62 meters for the skull size and 8-9 meters for length overall, this chart is what I came up with. "ScaleH" and "ScaleB" are the scale according to the head or skull, and the scale according to the body without the head.

Shane's measurements are so close to 1/35 that I took Little Mike as the standard to measure the other two. So CollectA's came out to be around 1/50 and Rebor's, 1/24.

This may not be of interest to anyone. But it has been nagging me since I got the Rebor from Everything Dinosaur.

- Leelan

Samrukia

interesting, well done!

do you have anything similar for other models?  :D

modelnut

Not yet. But may be soon. Everyone in my Facebook group knows that I am psycho when it comes to scale. https://www.facebook.com/groups/391820274266344/

CollectA calls this one 1/40 scale, their Triceratops Deluxe figure:

The head is 9 cm and the body is 20. The head says 1/29 and the body says 1/28. So I would say anywhere from 1/28 to 1/30. How does that sound?

BTW I cut those quills off the back of my figure and will be repainting mine soon. I will do the same for the 1/50 CollectA figures.

- Leelan

SidB

Hey, avatar_modelnut @modelnut , I'm curious to see the results that you get after your quill surgery and restorative painting-if you remember, could you post a picture?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.