News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ads on the DinoToyBlog & Forum

Started by DinoToyForum, December 08, 2022, 10:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Here's what the in-article ads should look like (and do look like for me) on mobile:

Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 13.18.15.png

Much less tall. Are the ads you see still big tall squares?

The content is generated on the fly so I don't control what specific ads readers will see. All I can control is the shape and position.

EDIT - I just found out what the problem was - Google was automatically 'optimising' the size of ads on mobiles, overruling my settings! I've just turned off this 'auto-optimise' feature and the size of the ads should be back in my control again.

Gwangi

Yes, the ads are still the big tall ones, avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum .

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on July 07, 2024, 01:30:00 AMYes, the ads are still the big tall ones, avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum .

Even in the body of the blog post?

In the url bar on your mobile browser there is a red symbol with an exclamation mark, what does that mean?

DinoToyForum

After a bit of trial and error I finally identified the real reason why the ads were continuing to appear so large on mobile devices. This issue should be fixed now: ads in articles should now obey my height settings and be limited to 140px across all devices. This should make them far less intrusive. I also moved the ad at the top of each review page just under the star rating back to its original position above the title.

Gwangi

Quote from: DinoToyForum on July 07, 2024, 12:20:19 PMAfter a bit of trial and error I finally identified the real reason why the ads were continuing to appear so large on mobile devices. This issue should be fixed now: ads in articles should now obey my height settings and be limited to 140px across all devices. This should make them far less intrusive. I also moved the ad at the top of each review page just under the star rating back to its original position above the title.

Thank you!  ^-^

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.