News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Paleo Pines

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), December 08, 2023, 09:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wow, am I really the first person to talk about Paleo Pines here? Well, here goes!

PaleoPines is an adorable dinosaur game that involves befriending both humans & dinosaurs, as well as tending to your farm. It has a cartoony style that strikes a decent balance between caricature and accuracy, and it a relaxing way to wind down at the end of the day. (While I haven't played Stardew Valley myself, that seems to be the most common comparison.) You can read more at via the link to my blog below, though I'll include some pictures here.
🦕🎮🦖

https://dinodadreviews.files.wordpress.com/2023/11/paleo-pines-cover-image.jpg?w=840

The game starts with a brief prologue depicting the birth and growth of your starting dinosaur, Lucky the Parasaurolophus. After a growth spurt leaves him too large for your house, you both pack up and move to Paleo Pines, an area with several different environments to explore.

Farming with a little Dimetrodon I befriended, who I named "Bonnie" in honor of the prize specimen at the Whiteside Museum.

The locals are excited to see your Parasaurolophus, as the main quest of the game involves finding out where this once-locally-abundant species has all run off to.

I had fun making this little short.  :))

Gwangi

I don't have the game but I did watch them play it over on The Skeleton Crew YT channel. It's on my wishlist. Definitely seems like a good game to play with the kids.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.