News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TlatolophusJuanorum

As soon as I noticed Alamosaurus was getting some attention, being the last North american titan (possibly inhabiting Mexico too), I was very hyped on getting it.
Last week finally, after more than 4 months, it arrived. (It is a really huge box indeed)
The Alamo titan,

as soon as I saw the teaser for the purple colouration, I knew I would choose it. Sadly, those dark wiggles restrain him from all the detail it has.

entering the majestic HLG Edmontosaurus and Quetzalcoatlus

And, comparisons! it was quite a challenge due to their sizes, but here we have 2024 HLG sauropods so far

another titan from Late Cretaceous NA

And HLG sauropods so far

Finally, the Sauropoda island (plus other guests)

Turkeysaurus

I'm not certain but I might prefer Purple Alamo over Blue too. I used to like Blue more.

Blade-of-the-Moon

First Alamosaurus I ever saw was blueish so I guess I sort of locked in my head that color. They are all nicely done however.

thomasw100

Turkeysaurus

Why Haolonggood is so obsessed with those wrinkly lines? They could paint sponsors logos and it  would still look less artificial and ugly.   :))

thomasw100

Some in hand pictures of the Gastonia as per Paleofiguras:

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 28, 2024, 01:45:24 AMWhy Haolonggood is so obsessed with those wrinkly lines? They could paint sponsors logos and it  would still look less artificial and ugly.   :))

I fully share your concerns about these lines. This has been criticized so many times, even in reviews from Dino Dragons and Andys Dinosaur Reviews. When the Euoplocephalus and Chasmosaurus came out, I was hoping that this would be done for good, but then we see them return for the Gastonia. Although it is admittedly not as bad as some of these white wiggly lines they placed on top of the otherwise beautiful paint design of other models.

dragon53

Flaffy

I'm liking the more prominent stripes on the green Gastonia. The yellow version by comparison feels a bit lacking. I do wish a dark forest-green dry brush was applied to the spikes instead of orange again, as orange highlights were already used on the Euoplocephalus.

Turkeysaurus

I have checked Aliexpress, so basically anything around & above 40x50cm won't be sent to my country. Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan seems very unlikely for me to have it.  I don't even dream about Argentinosaurus.

dragon53

Turkeysaurus

dragon53

TURKEYSAURUS:

No, the YouTube reviews are not mine.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 29, 2024, 11:14:46 PMI have checked Aliexpress, so basically anything around & above 40x50cm won't be sent to my country. Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan seems very unlikely for me to have it.  I don't even dream about Argentinosaurus.

I would suggest to get in contact with Lana Time Shop if you really want some specific model. They are very accommodating and creative and they have (or better know of) many shipping options. For example, I got the two big sauropods from Haolonggood by EMS and air mail. However, I got my MuSee studio Dreadnoughtus by some sort of railway shipping and this huge Halonggood base will come the same way. That railway shipping must go through Turkey, because for obvious reasons shipments to Germany (where I am based) will not come through Russia these days. So just talk to them and I am sure they will find a way.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 30, 2024, 06:27:56 AM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 29, 2024, 11:14:46 PMI have checked Aliexpress, so basically anything around & above 40x50cm won't be sent to my country. Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan seems very unlikely for me to have it.  I don't even dream about Argentinosaurus.

I would suggest to get in contact with Lana Time Shop if you really want some specific model. They are very accommodating and creative and they have (or better know of) many shipping options. For example, I got the two big sauropods from Haolonggood by EMS and air mail. However, I got my MuSee studio Dreadnoughtus by some sort of railway shipping and this huge Halonggood base will come the same way. That railway shipping must go through Turkey, because for obvious reasons shipments to Germany (where I am based) will not come through Russia these days. So just talk to them and I am sure they will find a way.

Thank you. I'll ask. It might be another reason there is a rule about items price has to be under 150 euros (including tax , excluding shipment) to go through customs.

Me & 1/35 titanosaurs/brachiosaurus are real life Moby Dick story at this point.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: dragon53 on May 30, 2024, 04:53:12 AMTURKEYSAURUS:

I assumed because of your username and the channel name.I like his reviews the most.
I wish Haolonggood had an official channel like PNSO has so we could listen their reasons. PNSO convinced me some of the things reviews say inaccurate before.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 30, 2024, 02:46:01 PM

I assumed because of your username and the channel name.I like his reviews the most.
I wish Haolonggood had an official channel like PNSO has so we could listen their reasons. PNSO convinced me some of the things reviews say inaccurate before.

Maybe that's something they can work on? HLG is still a very young company that has made big strides in a short time. I commend them for that. It's a lot of work doing social media, one reason I'm so slow advertising the park.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 30, 2024, 02:46:01 PM

I agree that the PNSO videos of Zhao Chuang are very very useful. They give good arguments how decisions were made about certain features of a model. And even if I do not agree with a decision, I am always OK with a model when I know that something that could be viewed as an error was not the result of lack of research but they have really thought about it and made their decision based on how they weigh in the scientific arguments. Science after all is a dynamic process and different researchers have different views.

Unfortunately, in the case of Haolonggood we do not yet have this insight. We have no way of knowing for example if they made the hornlets on the new Maiasaura because they missed some more recent research or because they had more confidence in older skeletal reconstructions for some good reasons. Interestingly, in terms of other features this is a very nice model which incorporates many up-to-date features of hadrosaurs like the thicker forelimbs and also the more muscular neck.

Prehistory Resurrection

Unboxing of Daspletosaurus:
Is this a whole new sculpt?

Update: It appears to be a new sculpt when compared to the other sculpt;

DefinitelyNOTDilo

God I'm so jealous of folks who can get there hands on these models! Where does one even find them anyways?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: