News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

One thing that Haolonggood could look into for paint designs of future releases would be Turing patterns. I think that would be quite interesting particularly for hadrosaurs.

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 02, 2024, 04:38:47 AMDiabloceratops review video by Dinos Dragons. Including a useful discussion about general frill morphology of ceratoposians.

Ordered a blue one for my collection, to accompany the Safari and, yes, the Schleich!

Bread

Shame PNSO's Lythronax is too large of a scale to be with Haolonggood's Diabloceratops.

thomasw100

Just noticed that Lana Time Shop has considerably increased the prices of most of the Haolonggood figures. The most drastic increase is the Mamenchisaurus, which costed 64.99 USD and is now at 99.99 USD. Also the Alamosaurus has increased from 89.99 USD to 119.99 USD (version without the base). I would see this as an indicator that Haolonggood figures are selling very well. I would conclude from this that it is recommended to purchase these figures right after they are released.

Carnoking

I noticed this as well. All it really does for me is convince me to wait for a sale on aliexpress  :P

Of course, the prices still seem incredibly reasonable for what you're getting from HLG, and there are some figures I'm willing to pay the difference for but it can be a bit annoying coming back to your cart to find the final price has jumped up. Plus, if it isn't a figure that excited me enough to buy it right away, I don't see the point in suddenly spending more on it.

thomasw100

Quote from: Carnoking on July 09, 2024, 02:01:55 PMI noticed this as well. All it really does for me is convince me to wait for a sale on aliexpress  :P

Of course, the prices still seem incredibly reasonable for what you're getting from HLG, and there are some figures I'm willing to pay the difference for but it can be a bit annoying coming back to your cart to find the final price has jumped up. Plus, if it isn't a figure that excited me enough to buy it right away, I don't see the point in suddenly spending more on it.

I fully agree that Haolonggood still has very reasonable prices for their figures. For now I will continue to order from Lana, as for most figures they still offer free shipping to continental Europe.

Does someone actually have some experience whether later batches of Haolonggood figures have the same quality of paint application as the first ones? This is a known issue with PNSO figures, but I have not heard anything like that about Haolonggood figures.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 09, 2024, 01:32:19 PMJust noticed that Lana Time Shop has considerably increased the prices of most of the Haolonggood figures. The most drastic increase is the Mamenchisaurus, which costed 64.99 USD and is now at 99.99 USD. Also the Alamosaurus has increased from 89.99 USD to 119.99 USD (version without the base). I would see this as an indicator that Haolonggood figures are selling very well. I would conclude from this that it is recommended to purchase these figures right after they are released.

It's not just HLG products. My DD Giga just shipped and I checked the prices, it has increased around 20.00 from the time I preordered til now. Of course I paid the preorder price not the new one.   My guess is postage rates just went up with USPS again this month so maybe that affected it? Also paypal and I think Venmo have raised their rates for transactions.

thomasw100

I did a little calculation on the upcoming Saichania. From the picture with all of Haolonggoods ankylosaurs, I would obtain the length of the Saichania figure as 18.2 cm, which in 1:35 would represent a 6.4 meter long individual.

Halichoeres

Definitely looking forward to this one. So long, Schleich Saichania!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

thomasw100

Lana Time Shop has published first pictures of the Saichania. The figure costs 16.99 USD and is already in stock. It turns out that the model is much smaller than what I had calculated from the first picture that had appeared. This picture was probably a photo assembly.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 09, 2024, 09:39:30 PMDefinitely looking forward to this one. So long, Schleich Saichania!

I got the Schleich one too. I guess it must have been 2006 or 2007. I cherish it still today despite its inaccuracies. Maybe I go with the black-white Saichania (one of the best dino-names ever btw)...but the red one has this charming chibi-like eyes...decisions, decisions  :))
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Quiversaurus

These Saichania are absolutely adorable... I must say I like the eyes on the green version more though.

Turkeysaurus

Those eyes makes me want to pet them.

Carnoking

Love the red variant but really don't like its eyes. Oh well, I can live with it.

SidB

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 10, 2024, 11:59:33 AMThose eyes makes me want to pet them.
I had the same gut reaction too!

Sim

They have accurate neck armour!  That's where Schleich versions failed.

The two Haolonggood Saichania have beautiful (pun not intended, but welcome) subtle colouration.  I'm not sure which to get!

Elengassen

I think I prefer the green one. The other is a bit too... maroon for me (not sure how else to put it) and I think the lighter colour of the green one shows the detail better. Might wait for some in-hand pics before making a final decision though.

Edit: also forgot to mention, I'm a bit disappointed by how small this apparently is.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

thebermuda303

Quote from: Sim on July 10, 2024, 01:42:03 PMThey have accurate neck armour!  That's where Schleich versions failed.

The two Haolonggood Saichania have beautiful (pun not intended, but welcome) subtle colouration.  I'm not sure which to get!
Saichania's bony rings on its neck were actually covered by skin, with only the spikes protruding through. Not many people know this but Saichania was very well preserved with. Lot of skin impressions. Regardless of that I really like this figure. Got myself the green variant so now I'm waiting to add it to my nemegt display!

suspsy

I like the grey version best.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

thebermuda303

Here's the picture showing Saichania being excavated.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: