News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: oscars_dinos on August 04, 2024, 04:35:04 PMMy most anticipated figure, if its on par with the mamenchi then I will get it, it already looks good I just hope the face doesn't look cartoony, if it doesn't then this will be my second HLG figure

What was the reason you did not get the Alamosaurus?

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 04, 2024, 05:46:18 PMWhenever i decide to not buy anything new, pay off my debts and save money for later this happens.

I think we should take what we can while it lasts. I mean you never know if in 2 years from now there will be so many good offers, for various potential reasons. Companies flourish or do not flourish, global politics change, whatever.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 04, 2024, 05:55:16 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 04, 2024, 05:46:18 PMWhenever i decide to not buy anything new, pay off my debts and save money for later this happens.

I think we should take what we can while it lasts. I mean you never know if in 2 years from now there will be so many good offers, for various potential reasons. Companies flourish or do not flourish, global politics change, whatever.

True. My country had easiest custom regulations until our economy gone wrong.

There will always be next T.rex or Triceratops to buy but 1/35 sauropods are the diamonds in our collections.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 04, 2024, 04:20:06 PMThe march of the giants continues. First teaser image of the Haolonggood Camarasaurus from Paleofiguras. Release most likely next week.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Funny enough these both seem to be based on other dinosaur designs, the purple one resembles the pnso tyrannotitan and the green one resembled buck from tlw lol.

thomasw100

The color schemes of the Haolonggood Camarasaurus and the PNSO Tyrqnnotitan indeed show some striking similarities.

Carnoking

Wow. I mean, the buck rex inspiration was obvious but I couldn't quite remember where I had seen the other paint scheme before until Turkeysaurus shared that image. Granted, there are only so many color combinations one can do on a mass produced figure but this feels like a pretty blatant example of copying someone else's homework.

I'm still keen to see them both in all of their glory. Perhaps the total picture will offer something just different enough.

Cretaceous Hunter

Post on Baidu seems to indicate HLG Camaradaurus release on August 6th with an oversea price of $58.99 before shipping/tax. They also may have event pricing from August 6-12th at $51.99.

Turkeysaurus

To be fair, most of us thought PNSO Tyrannotitan coloration was inspired by Haolonggood. Now HLG takes those colors.

It's like cold "Bone Wars" going on between two companies.

First they had same Dinosaurs in same year and now same colors.

It would be good if PNSO start making 1/35 sauropods.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Carnoking on August 04, 2024, 07:02:34 PMWow. I mean, the buck rex inspiration was obvious but I couldn't quite remember where I had seen the other paint scheme before until Turkeysaurus shared that image. Granted, there are only so many color combinations one can do on a mass produced figure but this feels like a pretty blatant example of copying someone else's homework.

I'm still keen to see them both in all of their glory. Perhaps the total picture will offer something just different enough.

Not just same tone of colors but even where it's applied similar. Orange neck, purple body and blue at the tail.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 04, 2024, 05:47:38 PM
Quote from: oscars_dinos on August 04, 2024, 04:35:04 PMMy most anticipated figure, if its on par with the mamenchi then I will get it, it already looks good I just hope the face doesn't look cartoony, if it doesn't then this will be my second HLG figure

What was the reason you did not get the Alamosaurus?

What I fear for the camara, a silly face, that is honestly the main reason why I didn't get/like the HLG alamo, I also think there where some odd choices made in the pose, the front limbs seem very forward and just a bit unnatural (I think the pose and overall image of the pnso figure doesn't have these issues), also not the biggest fan of the color scheme, I do however see its strengths as a figure and I do respect its detail work and paint apps. To me the mamenchi doesn't suffer from the above mentioned flaws and so it became my first HLG  :)

thomasw100

Group photo of Haolonggood sauropods, including the Camarasaurus, from Paleofiguras.

Paleo Flo

Wow! Can't wait for more pics.

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Turkeysaurus

Jurassic Park 3 style

Flaffy

I wonder if this represents a different species compared to Safari's one? (Which iirc was C. lentus?)

postsaurischian

^-^  He, he, exactly my colours.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looking good. awaiting more pics.

SidB

It will be interesting for sure, but so far I'm really happy with my Safari Camarasaurus. It will have to be superlatively superior for me to replace the Safari figure with it.

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on August 05, 2024, 06:04:27 PMIt will be interesting for sure, but so far I'm really happy with my Safari Camarasaurus. It will have to be superlatively superior for me to replace the Safari figure with it.

Likewise. The orange tipped tail is starting to get a bit old too.

Turkeysaurus

Yeah, vivid colors get old quickly because they get attention. If it was darker just how they do with feet it wouldn't be noticed.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: