News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

DINO DREAM: New for 2024

Started by blnadal, January 23, 2024, 05:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks nice, will I replace my Nanmu versions? I don't know yet, need to see it finished.

Lana also put the Dino Dream Baby Stegosaurus w/ cage up from TLW. 100.00, preorder, arrives May 2024.

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

blnadal

looks good, but those scars are wrong and I don't think is worth to get this instead of Nanmu

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on February 08, 2024, 03:47:51 PMlooks good, but those scars are wrong and I don't think is worth to get this instead of Nanmu

The detail work on it is better, scales and such.  Not sure on the scars, I know it has a few but I never really looked at placement. Nanmu made their standard release without any to show an undamaged version. The DS version has quite a few though.  This could be prior to it's main battle fight or after. Not sure really.

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 09, 2024, 07:05:30 PM
Quote from: blnadal on February 08, 2024, 03:47:51 PMlooks good, but those scars are wrong and I don't think is worth to get this instead of Nanmu

The detail work on it is better, scales and such.  Not sure on the scars, I know it has a few but I never really looked at placement. Nanmu made their standard release without any to show an undamaged version. The DS version has quite a few though.  This could be prior to it's main battle fight or after. Not sure really.

Yes! Dino Dream is better, but I don't think Nanmu is bad either. I have the PVC version and it is very good (maybe not the front look, compared to this one)..
About the scars, I was looking the one from Spiral Studio and some of them aren't even scars yet, they're just injuries:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nanmu is far from bad. You can see though in your comparison pic where the Nanmu is softer on detail and missing scales, bumps and scutes. Spiral is likely one of the best examples, but I don't know when in the film these pieces are from. At what point it gained these injuries. So for them to be fresh or scars.   DD did say this was just a paint test so maybe not finished/final.

Blade-of-the-Moon

From Dino Dream's FB, scar comparison

Bread

I figured I should add these:

The juvenile Stegosaurus was confirmed to be 1/35, the Velociraptor I'm not sure.

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2024, 06:33:47 AMFrom Dino Dream's FB, scar comparison

scars color should be a bit more muted, but I'm loving this guy hahah
I know I told that Nanmu is basically the same, but now I see that the detail is insane on Dino Dream

and I think they changed his eye.. seems more open?

Cpt Red 3eard

Quote from: Bread on February 16, 2024, 12:54:55 PMI figured I should add these:

The juvenile Stegosaurus was confirmed to be 1/35, the Velociraptor I'm not sure.

If the raptors are 1/35, that's an instant buy for me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on February 16, 2024, 02:07:19 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2024, 06:33:47 AMFrom Dino Dream's FB, scar comparison

scars color should be a bit more muted, but I'm loving this guy hahah
I know I told that Nanmu is basically the same, but now I see that the detail is insane on Dino Dream

and I think they changed his eye.. seems more open?

I'd say it's because they have the license and are working from actual references provided by Universal. Nanmu despite the quality are still unlicensed.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Cpt Red 3eard on February 16, 2024, 02:51:59 PM
Quote from: Bread on February 16, 2024, 12:54:55 PMI figured I should add these:

Betting they are the same as the last ones, 1:15 roughly.

https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/dino-dream/products/dd001

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2024, 04:17:29 PM
Quote from: Cpt Red 3eard on February 16, 2024, 02:51:59 PM

Betting they are the same as the last ones, 1:15 roughly.

https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/dino-dream/products/dd001
If I remember correctly, Dino Dream confirmed on facebook that they are 1:30

edit: Yes, they did

blnadal

blnadal

another comparison with Nanmu

and one with the older pic (eye is really different)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Oh wow,  I guess they are trying to show Nanmu how to make small in scale raptors then.

DD certainly has a lot more texture and detail on their Giga, Might have to part with one of my Nanmu Gigas.

Bread

My only fear is that those Raptors and the crate itself are going to cost a ridiculous amount...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: