News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

DINO DREAM: New for 2024

Started by blnadal, January 23, 2024, 05:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I commented on that post. I mentioned I would like a Theri for sure.

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

May hold off on this one til they release a Theri. I'm not sure all three will fit together?

blnadal

blnadal

And Therizinosaurus is also coming soon

blnadal

Carnoking

I must be in the minority here for preferring Nanmu's Giga. There's just something "off" about the Dino Freak offering. Then again, it's a pretty off design to begin with so maybe I like Nanmu's because they managed to make it look less off

Interested to see how those 1/30 scale raptors pan out. I'm still sorely tempted by their 1/15 counterparts

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have seen where the they did use a Giga skeleton to base the creature off of for the film as well. They just added a few things to make it different looking.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on March 28, 2024, 06:54:56 PMI must be in the minority here for preferring Nanmu's Giga. There's just something "off" about the Dino Freak offering. Then again, it's a pretty off design to begin with so maybe I like Nanmu's because they managed to make it look less off

Interested to see how those 1/30 scale raptors pan out. I'm still sorely tempted by their 1/15 counterparts

Nanmu was great for when they were made, the Dragon Soul version which is more accurate than the general run one.  I'm going to have to decide what to keep and what to sell though. I'm getting too many similar JP/JW pieces..

SenSx

Quote from: Carnoking on March 28, 2024, 06:54:56 PMI must be in the minority here for preferring Nanmu's Giga. There's just something "off" about the Dino Freak offering. Then again, it's a pretty off design to begin with so maybe I like Nanmu's because they managed to make it look less off

The raptors are 1/30 and not 1/35?
I hope they still scale with the Nanmu...

Cpt Red 3eard

DD has said this line will be 1/30. I wouldn't worry too much about Nanmu scaling. Most of their animals seem larger than 1/35, no matter what scale they claim.

SenSx

Quote from: Cpt Red 3eard on March 28, 2024, 10:55:03 PMDD has said this line will be 1/30. I wouldn't worry too much about Nanmu scaling. Most of their animals seem larger than 1/35, no matter what scale they claim.

Yes of course and the difference between 1/30 and 1/35 would be tiny anyway.
I wish Dino Dream would make velociraptors with closed mouth though, we've only seen open ones.

blnadal

blnadal

Quote from: SenSx on March 28, 2024, 08:03:29 PM

The raptors are 1/30 and not 1/35?
I hope they still scale with the Nanmu...
This 1/30 Giga is the same size as 1/35 Nanmu, so probably they will all look good together

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like they posted some final pics :

Looks good, especially the angle above.   I wish it was looking the other way, would fit on my shelf better.

Still not sure which of my Nanmu's I'm parting with to make room..yet.

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

The detail looks nice but it's still not the first film version I'd prefer or even the TLW Bull Rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

They showed a couple pics of the baby Rex in the cage today :

Blade-of-the-Moon

DD shared concept pics of the two fighting LW Raptors :

Blade-of-the-Moon

DD posted new finished pics of the Rex on their FB page:

Looks nice but I just don't need another JP Rex.  The arms look pretty big too?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: