You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024 - Poll

Started by DinoToyForum, October 27, 2024, 10:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your top three (3) dioramas!

1. The Crossing
2. The Valley of Gwangi Remake
3. The Dry Season
4. Stand together!
5. David and Goliath
6. Coastal Carnage
7. Longhorns – this year's fashion
8.  What! We're supposed to have feathers! I'm calling my agent!
9. Twisted Tango
10. First Snow
11. Foraging at Daybreak

Voting closes: November 10, 2024, 10:59:49 AM

DinoToyForum

It's time to vote – the Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024 poll is now open!

Good luck to all 11 participants and many thanks to everyone who made the effort to take part.

The poll will run for 14 days and you can vote for your top three entries. Take your time when voting because once you've selected your dioramas, you can't change your vote later. Entrants can vote for themselves, but in the spirit of fair play I encourage you to cast all votes for the other entries you truly like the most. There's a strict forum rule limiting one forum account per person, to stop people cheating in polls by voting multiple times under different accounts. So, don't do that, I take it very seriously and will be looking out for it, even though there are no prizes at stake. Do not attempt to manipulate the results of the poll by directing friends and family to it – I would consider that a form of cheating as this is a diorama contest not a popularity contest. Anyone found cheating in this way will be disqualified. Votes will be anonymous to everyone except for the admins and I will be looking out for foul play.

The diorama makers will remain anonymous throughout the voting process so please don't give any hints, clues, or discuss which dioramas belong to whom. Also, please don't discuss which dioramas you voted for or which you think are the best until after the poll closes. Otherwise, general discussion about the entries is more than welcome.

I'll confirm the winners once the poll has closed.

The 'dinoramas' are as follows:

1. The Crossing

2. The Valley of Gwangi Remake

3. The Dry Season

4. Stand together!

5. David and Goliath

6. Coastal Carnage

7. Longhorns – this year's fashion

8. What! We're supposed to have feathers! I'm calling my agent!

9. Twisted Tango

10. First Snow

11. Foraging at Daybreak

fgh46

I choose (REDACTED - Admin).

Edited by Admin: FYI, quoted from above:
Quoteplease don't discuss which dioramas you voted for or which you think are the best until after the poll closes. Otherwise, general discussion about the entries is more than welcome

Gwangi

Quality over quantity this year! It might take me a couple days to make my choices.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on October 27, 2024, 12:43:58 PMQuality over quantity this year! It might take me a couple days to make my choices.

I guess prizes are a big motivator for many people. Or maybe I didn't promote the contest as much this year.

Primeval12

OOO, nice job everyone! Agreed with the quality over quantity comment.

Joliezac

Wow I remember there being so many more entries in past years. These look very good though! I took some time to choose 3 that I liked best. All should be proud of their photos/dioramas, these are impressive!

Federreptil

Quote from: DinoToyForum on October 27, 2024, 06:41:28 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 27, 2024, 12:43:58 PMQuality over quantity this year! It might take me a couple days to make my choices.

I guess prizes are a big motivator for many people. Or maybe I didn't promote the contest as much this year.

I cannot understand how much prizes should count for motivation when you can have a presentation forum for your thoughts and ideas here.
It took me almost 10 years to integrate the prizes from my first win in the 2013 competition into my collection. And the effort and sweat for the last post in 2023 are worth so much more than any material prize or gift. The competitive spirit and the honor of having created a good diorama are much more of a joy and a reward in themselves. That's why it's a shame that more members couldn't get this joy.  ;)

Maybe a little more advertising would have been good. Last year, the additional email about the competition provided the decisive impetus. Unfortunately – and I accept some of the blame for this – the diorama topic in the forum is often less important compared to other topics without a competition.

Gwangi

Quote from: DinoToyForum on October 27, 2024, 06:41:28 PM

I never participated because of prizes, it was purely for the fun of it, I would never have won anyway. I didn't participate this year because I just didn't want to, my heart wasn't in it.   

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I must say, I am quite liking these entries! It's hard to pick, but ultimately I still feel that the work of avatar_Federreptil @Federreptil has yet to be topped! If all goes according to plan, I should have a very... majestic entry for next year's contest.

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Libraraptor

ALthough there were only eleven entries this year, the choice was hard. Mut eventually I made it. ^-^

Crackington

Well done everyone- some great dioramas here!

I managed to get one in too, though was close to the wire!

I followed Dr Admin's advice and voted for other entries - tough choice!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.