News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Zbrush Dinosaurs and 3D Prints

Started by Gorgonzola, March 11, 2013, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorgonzola

Welp, that was fast.  All the 1/40 Cryolophosaurus models have been fixed and updated on Shapeways, so there should hopefully be no more print issues. Sorry for the minor inconvenience everyone!
IG: @asidesart
Portfolio: asidesart.com
Patreon (Mostly non-dinosaur stuff and illustration): patreon.com/asidesart

Gorgonzola

Ugh, I hate doing this, but I have to put a hold on the cryolophosaurus models at the moment. I just got another e-mail that someone's ordered was cancelled because of, again, thin walls, so at this time I'm making them unavailable for sale until I can figure this out. I'm really sorry for this, I did NOT expect all this trouble with this dinosaur...

Hopefully I can fix and update these pretty quickly and have it be the last time...

dutchdinolover

:( Hope you can fix them soon. I am planning on buying them ;D Love your work by the way! greetz

postsaurischian

I just got my 1:40 Cryolophosaurus in UFD. There are no issues :).

Gorgonzola

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 11, 2013, 10:31:41 PM
I just got my 1:40 Cryolophosaurus in UFD. There are no issues :).

Haha, Postsaurischian, that is equally happy and infuriating news.  Happy because at least somebody got one of the models without issue, infuriating because they kept rejecting subsequent orders.

I'm working slowly through the 1:40 scale to fix the thin claws that Shapeways is rejecting me on (despite now both myself and Postsaurischian having two of the models...) not a tough fix, it'll just take time to double-check measurements and all that before I upload them again.

Gorgonzola

A quick update for everyone - I think I got all the problems with the 1:40 Cryolophosaurus models - the issues were with the claws in the hands and feet being too spindly for Shapeway's printing restrictions. So it was a simple matter of beefing those up and then double checking the measurements for all of them.  I'm feeling pretty confident I got them all, but if anything crops up I'll be sure to fix it ASAP.

In the meantime, let's hope third time is the charm as all the 1:40 Cryolophosaurus poses are now available (again!) over at my Shapeways store: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/gorgonzola

Gorgonzola

So now that the 1/40 Cryolophosaurus models seem to be all taken care (no rejections this time around!) and the 1/72 scale shipped out, I decided to make a little base and paint up one of my test prints for the Carnotaurus.

Bit of background - I mixed up some plaster two weekends ago to fill a cavity on a planar head I had in my studio, and ended up with leftover plaster.  So I decided to not let it go to waste, and I made a quick little display base for one of my Carnotaurus test prints.

This past weekend I had a little bit of freetime, so I decided I'd sit down and paint up the Carnotaurus and finish out the base so it would be a nice little diorama.  First time making a base, but I'm happy with how it came out - I do wish I used tacky glue for the tree though, it probably would have kept it from sagging a bit as it dried.  Ah well.  The dinosaur is roughly 5" long.

jtn144

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks great ! I love the simplicity here.

Everything_Dinosaur

Nice paint job and I like the tree effect, the slight angle makes it look more natural to me.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

amargasaurus cazaui

Gorgonzola's 1/72scale Cryolophosaurus in two seperate poses. Test prints !!! I assume they either are or will be made availible for purchase.  Lovely models, well detailed and ever so small.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gorgonzola

Those look fantastic, Amargasaurus.  I'm so glad they printed well.

And yes, both these, the calling pose, and the preening pose are now available for sale in 1/72, along with ALL the poses in 1/40.  I'm still working on the last three 1/72 poses, but they'll be up in due time and I'll be sure to let everyone know when.

Gorgonzola

Quick update:  All but the sitting pose is now available for 1/72 Cryolophosaurus is now available.  I'll likely fix the sitting pose and then get that one up as well tonight.

In the meantime, been too long without art, so here's a bit of a tease of what I've been working on in the workshop I've been taking.  It's been incredibly helpful so far, and I can't wait to use all these skills on more dinosaurs, especially Amargasaurus, which is next on my pipeline.

I might see if this fellow can be printed too, I really like how well it's come along.

tyrantqueen

Nice tyrannosaurid (T.rex I presume?) It looks a bit Krentz influenced :)

I like how you can see the muscles bulging underneath the skin. I would love a 3D print of this guy!

SpartanSquat

Nice scultp mate! The alphas are custom or from the alpha library of ZBrush Central?

Gorgonzola

TQ: Yep, it's a T. rex alright. And I suppose it would look a little Krentz-ish, what with him teaching the workshop  ;D

Roland: Thanks!  Only custom alpha are the scales, but those are from pixologic's download center.  Fine line wrinkles are done with one of the regular alphas that's included, and the big skin folds are done with brushes.  Still a lot of detailing to do on him though, I've just started doing scale work on him.

jtn144

Awesome! I would love to see him on Shapeways in a variety of poses.

Gorgonzola

He's coming along really nicely, so I think he might be a really good candidate for Shapeways.

And it's definitely a he, at least to me.  I've been imagining him as someone who used to be top dog in his day, but is now a little bit past his prime and starting to show it (probably doesn't care though, since I imagine he'd still be able to take the young bucks out if he needed to.)  Hail to the king, baby.

I think I might sculpt a companion female for him - one that's maybe a touch sleeker and not as aggressive in the scutes I have planned, and that would be a bit bigger.  Just something that's rolling around in my head.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That Rex looks pretty cool ! Which mount did you base it on  ? ( if any ) :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: