News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D toys - new for 2013

Started by DinoToyForum, March 16, 2013, 11:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Wonderful feathered dinosaurs figures and Gorgo is very cool. I like all  ^-^. I hope to see this bags in Spain  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Brontozaurus

Is there any way to tell what figure is in the bag? They seem like they'd be pretty easy to feel through the foil. Or do they come in plastic boxes inside the foil, like heroclix figures?
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 11, 2013, 02:42:57 PM
Is there any way to tell what figure is in the bag? They seem like they'd be pretty easy to feel through the foil. Or do they come in plastic boxes inside the foil, like heroclix figures?

I guess they will be inside the foil without the plastic boxes, so it will be easy to understand what's there

SpartanSquat

I dont find the thread of the movie here, but you can see more characters and the dinosaurs!
http://www.walkingwithdinosaurs.com/movie/characters/#

Edmontonia is Ankylosaurus?! Wait its an ankylosaurid, not Ankylosaurus! Krentz you know why they called Ankylosaurus, the Edmontonia?

Crackington

Argos are selling a box of the models for £11.99:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1392102.htm

Not sure if they are in their stores or just available on-line. There's an Argos near where I work so I'll have a looksie in my lunch break and see if they have them.

I usually like small figures due to lack of space, but agree with Leidy that the execution isn't so good with these dinos toppling over. This was also a problem with the similar sized and marketed DinoWaurs Survival figures (and I thought that Marx had solved this problem in the 60s!)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Crackington on September 12, 2013, 09:53:34 PM
Argos are selling a box of the models for £11.99:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1392102.htm

Not sure if they are in their stores or just available on-line. There's an Argos near where I work so I'll have a looksie in my lunch break and see if they have them.

I usually like small figures due to lack of space, but agree with Leidy that the execution isn't so good with these dinos toppling over. This was also a problem with the similar sized and marketed DinoWaurs Survival figures (and I thought that Marx had solved this problem in the 60s!)
To be honest, I don't really think eleven pounds is worth it. They are pretty small and not amazingly detailed. I'd rather spend my money on a single, well detailed toy. Quality over quantity :) Although I like the Alexornis a lot.

Maybe some better toys will be released later?

Crackington

Fair point TQ and they're really twelve quid, plus I'm not sure if Argos would charge any postage from an on-line sale.

I only bothered with a few of of the Dinowaurs figures for the reasons you point out, but I do think these look better on balance.

leidy

I took a comparison pic next to Safari's feathered dinosaurs.  I think these are better:

The Troodon is quite possibly the best figure in the whole set.  It is certainly the most dynamic pose.  Same old 'balance on the wingtips' trick, but it works beautifully.  Quality paint and plastic too.

I highly recommend this.

Another Pachy joins the group:

"Bulldust"

Neutral pose, but fine detailing and a better paintjob than the other 3.

I had a certain amount of success resetting the figures with a fan heater.  Troodon had balance issues easily fixed by this process.  Gorgosaurus straightened out a bit, but the legs are still too rubbery.  I was lucky enough to find a second Gorgosaurus, this one molded from a harder plastic.  When I had this one straightened out, I found it actually does have a sweet spot.  It's not easy , but you actually can balance this one.   It was still standing the next day.

I can find the same spot with the rubbery Gorgon, and it looks like it's gonna work, but after about a minute it tips over.  Alexornis has similar problems. 

The complete series 1:

My other solution to balance the troublesome Gorgosaurus was Parksosaurus' tail.

Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 11, 2013, 02:42:57 PM
Is there any way to tell what figure is in the bag? They seem like they'd be pretty easy to feel through the foil.

Yes, if you don't mind looking like a bit of a plonker.

The WWD merchandise was in a quiet corner of the shop, so it didn't bother me.  You can predict what you're getting with about 90% certainty.  I was only wrong once. 

Quote from: Crackington on September 12, 2013, 10:12:33 PM
I only bothered with a few of of the Dinowaurs figures for the reasons you point out, but I do think these look better on balance.

I have a T.rex from Dinowaurs.  That was about enough to satisfy my curiosity there, I didn't feel any need to pursue them further.  I dunno if it's a good representation of that line, but these are significantly superior.

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: leidy on September 14, 2013, 01:55:23 AM

I love the color and look of the Troodon there.. Its very Hoatzin like! I wish the movie version had as much color:

Seijun

They are all wonderful. I'm sad that argos only sells 6 of them on their website. Are these going to become more widely available soon?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

ITdactyl

I want that screaming quetz..... pls help me get that screaming quetz..... ugh.....

Jetoar

Cool Trooddon, I like all minifigures of WWD  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Judging by the pics, they should be around the size of the figures in the Safari Toobs.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Primeval12

tyrantqueen

Jetoar

:o I cant believe that exist this figure......... wonderful.
In Amazon  ^-^:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-With-Dinosaurs-Ultimate-Gorgon/dp/B00BUOW2HY

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice find ! Definitely getting an Ultimate Gorgon figure !

My guess is that the toy company producing the figures is UK based so they're getting early distribution ..just like with Papo, CollectA, ect. :)

Here's their page : http://www.vividtoysandgames.co.uk/index.php/brands/walking-with-dinosaurs

But nothing on it really yet.

ChrisLikesDinos

I will definitely but the "Ultimate Gorgon" toy! I hope they have more Dinosaurs, particularly ultimate's planned.

Hermes888

Am I the only one who doesn't like the "Ultimate Gorgon" toy? I find the seams in the figure rather unsightly.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: