You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The dodgy Papo knock-offs are finally here!

Started by Horridus, April 07, 2013, 10:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invicta Hunter

Here's the three colour versions i found, the figures aren't to bad at all for knock offs.

[]

Turret

Those bootlegs don't look all that bad, woulf make good customs. How big are they compared to the actual papo allosaurus?

Libraraptor

Those Allosaurus are quite decent, I think. Better than most Schleich... A size comparison picture with the original would be nice.

darylj

They are pretty much bang on the same size as the papo

Horridus

I've got one to sell now - if anyone wants to buy it, please PM me! Will upload some pics shortly. It's the black & red version. I'll stick a thread in Classifieds as well.

EDIT here we are!

And a surprising detail!

Very tempted to review this figure before passing it on (if anyone wants to buy/trade for it) - would be good for a laugh.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

darylj

I also have one of these for sale/trade - though, i may paint it up first... see if i can make something of it... and perhaps fix the pronation of the hands... (i dont know if pronation is a word)...

i actually hope a few more papo knock offs show up!!!

ZoPteryx

CityRaptor

Atleast they named their bootleg something that is actually related to the figure they bootlegged. And it even works, as it seems to be slightly bigger than the Allosaurus.

Hmm color variantions seem to be based on ( but not faithful )
Papo Allosaurus
Dinosaur Revolution Allosaurus
Those large Chinasaurs, where every kind is brown with red eyes.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Man i hope i can get one of these here in the states.      A Saurophaganax :o   

Roselaar

darylj

i still have one of theses availalbe... also, the shop near to me has a few still in stock, so if anyone wants on message me and il grab one and send it to ya :)

Himmapaan

Saurophaganax indeed, ahaha! :)) I can't believe we missed that from the first.

mooseman

From the label it looks like the same company that does some cheap dinosaurs I've seen in The Entertainer, plus the huge foam ones and the alien egg slime toys.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Hermes888

I actually kind of like the red-and-black  Allosaurus   Saurophaganax, how much would it cost to buy it and ship it to the States?

Horridus

Quote from: Hermes888 on May 13, 2013, 03:50:55 AM
I actually kind of like the red-and-black  Allosaurus   Saurophaganax, how much would it cost to buy it and ship it to the States?
Surprisingly little if you send me a PM. I'll only charge for shipping, I want rid of the damn thing now ;)
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

tyrantqueen

There you go guys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dinosaur-With-Moving-Jaw-11inc-Childrens-Gifts-Brand-New-/380632387939?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item589f755163

Knock yourselves out...well, if you live the UK, at least :P

Other colour variations are available as well.

Libraraptor

Am I right in saying that this is the only Saurophaganax figure out there?! Man, I definetely want one!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 14, 2013, 09:03:56 PM
Am I right in saying that this is the only Saurophaganax figure out there?! Man, I definetely want one!
Eh, it's still an allosaurus to me. It was probably only labelled as "Saurophaganax" to avoid copyright infringement.

CityRaptor

Which is kinda silly, given that one can not copyright a real animal. But depending who you ask, Saurophaganax is Allosaurus anyways.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: