News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Yeah, I remember that :). The list of cancelled creatures goes on and on: Yunnanosaurus, Ohmdenosaurus, Epidexipteryx, some type of pterosaur, and a few others I can't remember ;D.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 26, 2013, 02:37:27 AM
Yeah, I remember that :). The list of cancelled creatures goes on and on: Yunnanosaurus, Ohmdenosaurus, Epidexipteryx, some type of pterosaur, and a few others I can't remember ;D.

I think Sinosaurus, Nothronychus, Thalassodromeus, Nothronychus, Nothosaurus, Castoroca..... I'll just stop right there. ;)

Yutyrannus

I've updated the creature list on page 5, so read through it and see if you can see the one difference I didn't mention already in recent posts (not Acheroraptor, Multitiberculate, or Deinocheirus ;D).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 27, 2013, 05:36:41 AM
I've updated the creature list on page 5, so read through it and see if you can see the one difference I didn't mention already in recent posts (not Acheroraptor, Multitiberculate, or Deinocheirus ;D).

Replacing Concavenator with Titanosaurs in the Guidraco sequence, and adding Marshosaurus in the Ceratosaurus sequence?

Yutyrannus

Wow! Spot on ;D! Also, I will be drawing Marshosaurus and Torvosaurus soon, and I just need to color Sciurumimus and Siats :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 27, 2013, 05:54:25 AM
Wow! Spot on ;D! Also, I will be drawing Marshosaurus and Torvosaurus soon, and I just need to color Sciurumimus and Siats :).

Yeah, I'm good at looking at something and noticing the slightest thing that's off. That's why my blog is called The Pendantic Paleogeek. And I am aware it's pedantic. ;)

Anyways, excited to see Sciurumimus and Siats, and Torvosaurus.

Yutyrannus

Since the Gorgosaurus sequence is double-length (20 min.), I have added two more creatures: Euoplocephalus and Orodromeus. The Euoplocephalus I added because of the lack of the lack of ankylosaurs in my series, he will have an interesting color pattern as well. Orodromeus because I don't have many "general" ornithopods, he will be shown burrowing.Also, the Gorgosaurus sequence takes place in Dinosaur Provincial Park. And expect my Vagaceratops soon :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 28, 2013, 06:21:39 AM
Since the Gorgosaurus sequence is double-length (20 min.), I have added two more creatures: Euoplocephalus and Orodromeus. The Euoplocephalus I added because of the lack of the lack of ankylosaurs in my series, he will have an interesting color pattern as well. Orodromeus because I don't have many "general" ornithopods, he will be shown burrowing.Also, the Gorgosaurus sequence takes place in Dinosaur Provincial Park. And expect my Vagaceratops soon :).

Cool! I am very excited to see how the story unfolds. Is there a pack of Gorgosaurus attacking ceratopsians, like in WWD3D? :)

Anyways, I'll do my Leaellynasaura on Friday, and probably post it on Saturday.

Oh, also, don't you DARE insult my gernal orntihopods! ;D

Yutyrannus

Yes, there will be a pack of Gorgosaurus hunting Coronosaurus. The Vagaceratops has quite a different role in the episode, however. Also, can't wait to see your Leaellynasaura :)!

Yutyrannus

Here is my second ceratopsian picture:

Vagaceratops

Next picture will be Torvosaurus, I'll be looking at lizards and snakes to get inspiration for the patterns on him :). I decided it is time to start going back to living animals for color references.

Balaur

Cool! Did you happen to use the Safari LTD. Vagaceratops as a reference?

Yutyrannus

Yes, I used Safari's figure to draw the front views of the frill. Also, I've decided to base my Torvosaurus' colors on a nile monitor :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 29, 2013, 06:47:44 AM
Yes, I used Safari's figure to draw the front views of the frill. Also, I've decided to base my Torvosaurus' colors on a nile monitor :).

Cool! I loosely based my Marshosaurus' colours on nile monitors too.

Yutyrannus

I remember, mine is more strongly based on them though. Also the Torvosaurus in my series is based on the evidence that suggests it was partially aquatic, it even has webbing between its toes :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 29, 2013, 07:13:19 AM
I remember, mine is more strongly based on them though. Also the Torvosaurus in my series is based on the evidence that suggests it was partially aquatic, it even has webbing between its toes :).

I haven't herd of that before. What evidence?

Yutyrannus

Torvosaurus bones are mainly found in marshy or esturine deposits from what I've heard. And Torvosaurus tooth-marks have been found on aquatic species like crocodiles and turtles. This suggests that they at least lived in these types of environments and swam some of the time. Since, they are relted to spinosaurs I took this a step further and made them 60%-70% aquatic animals :).

Yutyrannus

Here is my second favorite dinosaur :):

Torvosaurus

Balaur

Nice job! It looks related to my Marshosaurus. :)

Yutyrannus

Thanks! Also, since tomorrow is my birthday I will try to post a few new pictures  :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 30, 2013, 01:34:39 AM
Thanks! Also, since tomorrow is my birthday I will try to post a few new pictures  :).

Oh, Happy Early Birthday! :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: