News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

I am changing the spinosaur special to be more like my Coelophysis special. It will now be a half-hour special following the life of a bull Spinosaurus throughout 9 months in late Cretaceous Africa. Also, since tomorrow is my birthday and I said I would post new pictures I decided to draw my Spinosaurus (after all, what better thing to draw on your birthday than your favorite dinosaur ;D ).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 30, 2013, 07:42:35 AM
I am changing the spinosaur special to be more like my Coelophysis special. It will now be a half-hour special following the life of a bull Spinosaurus throughout 9 months in late Cretaceous Africa. Also, since tomorrow is my birthday and I said I would post new pictures I decided to draw my Spinosaurus (after all, what better thing to draw on your birthday than your favorite dinosaur ;D ).

I think it works better as a half-hour special. And yes, it's fun drawing your favourite dinosaur on your birthday. Speaking of which, I've drawn my Leaellynasaura, I just need to colour it.

Yutyrannus

Thanks! Also, can't wait for Leaellynasaura :)!

EDIT: I just saw it, good job :)!

Balaur

When will you do Zalambdalestes? I think I'm ready to do my obscure species post, but I at least want one more creature from my list.

Yutyrannus

I try to do him today as well. I'll also try to make him fuzzy like a prehistoric elephant shrew :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 30, 2013, 07:08:43 PM
I try to do him today as well. I'll also try to make him fuzzy like a prehistoric elephant shrew :).

Okay that sound great! I always envision him as a prehistoric elephant shrew too. THey are probably my favourite tiny mammals on the planet today.

Also, I will probably have several post on obscure species, the first about the Mesozoic, and then the other two about the Paleozoic and Cenozoic.

Oh, and I forgot to say that I posted the Acheroraptor on my blog.

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

I have the creature list for my Spinosaurus special :):

The Fish Hunter
Spinosaurus (MSMN V4047)
Paralititan
Rugops
Sauroniops
Carcharodontosaurus
Onchopristis
Coelocanth

Yutyrannus

Here is my birthday picture, and it is also my favorite dinosaur ;D:

Spinosaurus

This is a bull Spinosaurus, by the way. Colors based on lammergeiers. And I was unable to finish Zalambdalestes today, so I'll do my best to finish it tomorrow :).

Balaur

Awesome Spinosaurus! Can't wait for then Zalambdalestes! ;)

Yutyrannus

Thanks! Also, I thought I should mention that this spinosaur does not have a hump, he just has a fleshier sail.

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Fantastic! I can totally see this on the screen!

Yutyrannus

Thank you :)! I think Spinosaurus being my favorite dinosaur and one I have a lot of knowledge about (as well as a specific picture of how I think it lived) helped me write this. Do you think the same thing will happen when you write about Leaellynasaura?

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 05, 2013, 03:37:55 AM
Thank you :)! I think Spinosaurus being my favorite dinosaur and one I have a lot of knowledge about (as well as a specific picture of how I think it lived) helped me write this. Do you think the same thing will happen when you write about Leaellynasaura?

Totally! I am going to start writing now and I have a specific picture of how it lived. Also, I found a few shout outs to Planet Dinosaur in The Fish Hunter. :)

Yutyrannus

Yeah, I liked Planet Dinosaur's depiction a lot so I made mine pretty similar. Also, next picture will probably be Rugops, and its design will be quite similar to something in Dinosaur Revolution :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 05, 2013, 03:43:56 AM
Yeah, I liked Planet Dinosaur's depiction a lot so I made mine pretty similar. Also, next picture will probably be Rugops, and its design will be quite similar to something in Dinosaur Revolution :).

OOhhh.... I can't wait! Also, there may be a few similarties to Walking with Dinosaurs in my Leaellynasaura story.

Yutyrannus

Cool! Walking with Dinosaurs is a cool show, despite how outdated it is now it will always be among my favorites :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 05, 2013, 03:50:05 AM
Cool! Walking with Dinosaurs is a cool show, despite how outdated it is now it will always be among my favorites :).

Yes, Walking with Dinosaurs is really the reason why I got into paleontology. Now the movie....

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: