News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Okay, I'll change it when I get the chance. :)

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Also, I thought I should mention that my Eotyrannus' appearance and behavior will be heavily based on bowerbirds.

Balaur

Cool!
Also, I fixed the Troodon sequence to a more wolf-like hunting style.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 14, 2014, 02:20:27 AM
Cool!
Also, I fixed the Troodon sequence to a more wolf-like hunting style.
Thanks!

Yutyrannus

I've added Europasaurus and the New Zealand compsognathid that I have called Pikaokaia.  The name Pikaokaia comes from the Maori word pikaokao, meaning chicken.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 04:04:49 AM
I've added Europasaurus and the New Zealand compsognathid that I have called Pikaokaia.  The name Pikaokaia comes from the Maori word pikaokao, meaning chicken.
I was wondering "what does Pikaokao mean?"

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 04:09:10 AM
Yep, I looked up the Maori translation for chicken and got that. I figured a Maori name was fitting for a New Zealand dinosaur.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 04:12:07 AM
Yep, I looked up the Maori translation for chicken and got that. I figured a Maori name was fitting for a New Zealand dinosaur.
It sure does. Also, since I suggested it, can I write the story?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 04:12:56 AM
Of course you can :)! Also, I have just collected a bunch of references for this and the spin-off so I should have a bunch of new pictures soon.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 04:14:40 AM
Of course you can :)! Also, I have just collected a bunch of references for this and the spin-off so I should have a bunch of new pictures soon.
Awesome! Can't wait to see what you make!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 04:15:39 AM
Thanks! Pikaokaia will look like a plump kiwi :)).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 04:18:04 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 04:15:39 AM
Thanks! Pikaokaia will look like a plump kiwi :)).
Aawwww.... That sounds so adorable!

Edit: And just when you thought this couldn't get any more Kiwish, Pikaokaia is the prey for giant sphenodonts, who's name is not decided yet (these are speculative sphenodonts).

Balaur

Actually, if you want a good laugh, here is the story. I decided to leave the sphenodonts unnamed.
http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Dinosaurs-Monsters-of-the-Mesozoic-Sequence-47-434205563?ga_submit_new=10%253A1392439774

Edit: I got this idea from a cut story from Dinosaur Revolution. Apparently, there was going to be a story where a coelurosaur gets stranded on an island with giant superpredatory sphenodonts and flightless pterosaurs. I actually will add the flightless pterosaurs, who will have names.

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Wait, did you read the part on thr flightless pterosaurs? I just added them in., so I'm not sure if you read that.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 04:57:53 AM
Wait, did you read the part on thr flightless pterosaurs? I just added them in., so I'm not sure if you read that.
No, but I will now.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 05:03:26 AM
No, but I will now.
Okay. Also, I just came up with aname for them. Whenaupepas, which is Maori for "ground flier". I selected that name because pterosaurs are generally fliers, but this one is flightless. I didn't want to leave Sos 2428 out alone. He has distant cousins in New Zealand. ;)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 05:06:12 AM
No, but I will now.
Okay. Also, I just came up with aname for them. Whenaupepas, which is Maori for "ground flier". I selected that name because pterosaurs are generally fliers, but this one is flightless. I didn't want to leave Sos 2428 out alone. He has distant cousins in New Zealand. ;)
Yay! That is really a great name. Also you should put Sos 2428, Pikaokaia, and Whenaupepas to your obscure species post.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 15, 2014, 05:19:35 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 15, 2014, 05:06:12 AM
No, but I will now.
Yay! That is really a great name. Also you should put Sos 2428, Pikaokaia, and Whenaupepas to your obscure species post.
I will. :)
Will you draw the sphenodont?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: