News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Awesome! I love all the bioluminescent creatures in it!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Thank you! I don't know why this isn't depicted in paleoart as often.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 26, 2014, 04:18:00 AM
Thank you! I don't know why this isn't depicted in paleoart as often.
I agree. It should be depicted more often.

Balaur

Yes, it should. Also, you will be drawing those creatures right? Because this story is the most speculative story, only beaten by Pikaokaia.

Edit: Also, my Anurognathus sequence will have a descendent of Juraphotinus, called Parajuraphotinus, which now turns into a predatory giant insect, and the biggest prey of Anurognathus. Also, expect a fictional pterosaur parasite as well.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 26, 2014, 04:22:18 AM
Yes, it should. Also, you will be drawing those creatures right? Because this story is the most speculative story, only beaten by Pikaokaia.

Edit: Also, my Anurognathus sequence will have a descendent of Juraphotinus, called Parajuraphotinus, which now turns into a predatory giant insect, and the biggest prey of Anurognathus. Also, expect a fictional pterosaur parasite as well.
Only a few, Jurophotinus and that jellyfish for sure.

Sounds interesting.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 26, 2014, 04:57:22 AM
Quote from: Balaur on February 26, 2014, 04:22:18 AM

Only a few, Jurophotinus and that jellyfish for sure.

Sounds interesting.

Awesome! Because I noticed you didn't have a lot of insects you could draw. However, I instead used a real fossil pterosaur parasite instead for the story. The story will be up any time now.

Edit: http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/art/Dinosaurs-Monsters-of-the-Mesozoic-Sequence-36-436767711

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

The most adorable cuddly pterosaur ever ;D! I wonder if he'd make a good pet:

Anurognathus

Balaur

Aawww.... He would'nt be a bad pet.   ;D

Yutyrannus

Probably not. Plus you could just set him loose in the house if you have a bug problem :))!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 28, 2014, 02:31:51 AM
Probably not. Plus you could just set him loose in the house if you have a bug problem :))!
Ha!

Yutyrannus

Since I now have a species of Coelophysis in the actual series, and I found a more interesting theropod from the Chinle Formation, I will replace Coelophysis with Daemonosaurus in Forest of Chinle.

Yutyrannus

An updated version of an old drawing:

Torvosaurus gurneyi

I updated this because of the news of the discovery of T. gurneyi from Portugal (which was always where this sequence was set). I had to fix the skull, teeth, and of course the name.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on March 06, 2014, 12:58:40 AM
That's pretty cool!
Thanks! I also just finished drawing Daemonosaurus for Forest of Chinle.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Daemonosaurus not done yet, but for now another early dinosaur:

Liliensternus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: