News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 09, 2015, 02:56:22 AM
I meant the price. $110 is a bit too much ... I recently got a Geoworld beige non articulated Corythosaurus and kinda wanna sell it, so I looked them up and found that ad thought to myself that there must be a mistake.

My mistake--I didn't see that. It's not uncommon for people to mess up their pricing. Or to try gouging.

DinoToyForum

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 09, 2015, 06:46:00 PM
Prehistoric Times have got some nice kits and other things for sale: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Saurian-Studios-36-Struthiomimus-resin-dinosaur-model-kit-/201300665802?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ede7465ca
Some very tempting kits on offer there. Too bad he won't ship anything outside of the States.

CityRaptor

Some things he does, but the shipping costs are not that tempting.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah you could just ask Mike..I'm sure he would..but yeah, shipping is a huge deal anymore.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 10, 2015, 03:35:57 AM
Yeah you could just ask Mike..I'm sure he would..but yeah, shipping is a huge deal anymore.
I suspect restricting the sales to US buyers is a way of making sure they don't fall into recasters' hands. He stated in the auction description that he cannot ship internationally because the original artist does not want him to.

Even if he personally doesn't have a problem with shipping internationally, it is out of his hands because he has to respect the original artist's wishes.

TL;DR: Recasters ruin the fun for the rest of us, again ::)

amargasaurus cazaui

Always lurking to help in those instances if you really want that thing TQ....I can send it to you, if you really want it
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

morrijos

Not actually on EBAY, but a similar American auction site:

INVICTA play-set for next to nothing...

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Prehistoric-Panorama-Dinosaur-Replicas-Puzzle--20359687.html

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 10, 2015, 01:44:30 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 10, 2015, 03:35:57 AM
I suspect restricting the sales to US buyers is a way of making sure they don't fall into recasters' hands. He stated in the auction description that he cannot ship internationally because the original artist does not want him to.

Even if he personally doesn't have a problem with shipping internationally, it is out of his hands because he has to respect the original artist's wishes.

TL;DR: Recasters ruin the fun for the rest of us, again ::)

If a member here really wanted it they could ship to me and I'd forward it...seeing as how I know all you guys...  ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 10, 2015, 01:47:11 PM
Always lurking to help in those instances if you really want that thing TQ....I can send it to you, if you really want it
Thank you for the offer, but I think I'll decline for now. I was thinking about that Deinosuchus vs. Kritosaurus resin but I just realised I can still get it (afaik) on Dan's Dinosaurs.

If he lists something else in future that piques my interest, I will keep your offer in mind. I'm really grateful for my international friends who have helped me get kits and toys that I would not have been able to otherwise. Thanks guys 8)

Ikessauro

Takama

Do they seriously think that Carnegies are worth that much already?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151622804862?rmvSB=true

DinoLord

Heck even the old Carnegies that have been retired for over a decade don't sell for very much. I find that retired Carnegies, while not always the easiest to find, tend not to cost very much when they are available.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Takama on March 17, 2015, 10:39:45 PM
Do they seriously think that Carnegies are worth that much already?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151622804862?rmvSB=true

It's not a bad price, to be perfectly honest. Deltadromeus is a rare piece, and the featherless Oviraptor cannot be found easily.

RobinGoodfellow

Bully Mastodonsaurus on Ebay. Not so easy to find. Already in my collection.  ::)
Nice price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251889746368?rmvSB=true

SBell

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on March 23, 2015, 08:13:25 AM
Bully Mastodonsaurus on Ebay. Not so easy to find. Already in my collection.  ::)
Nice price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251889746368?rmvSB=true

That's not the worst price I've seen for it. Still glad I've already got two, one from each release cycle!

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: