News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Daspletodave on July 06, 2015, 12:53:39 AM
Yeah, there's 51 Battat dino auctions right now on EBAY, and no bids. How the mighty have fallen!

lol...I think the people that have them are really scrambling to sell them to those unaware of the reissues. Although I prefer some of the paint jobs on the older versions I no longer have any interest in getting them. Not for those prices at least.

Simon

Quote from: Gwangi on July 06, 2015, 01:46:00 AM
Yeah, there's 51 Battat dino auctions right now on EBAY, and no bids. How the mighty have fallen!

lol...I think the people that have them are really scrambling to sell them to those unaware of the reissues. Although I prefer some of the paint jobs on the older versions I no longer have any interest in getting them. Not for those prices at least.

The funny thing is .... you can get the ENTIRE 18-piece set AND the ENTIRE 11-piece MINI set for about a grand total ($1000) from a guy in Canada ....

.... Now, I have no inside knowledge here whatsoever, and feel free to disagree, but I am getting a "sixth sense" that Battat might not re-release the entire series again .... again, no info, just a "feeling" on my part .... I would be holding on to those if I had them .... just a hunch ....

I hope that I am wrong about that, I really do ....

SBell

For those looking for one of the only decent Schleich prehistoric reptiles, the Desmatosuchus!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schleich-16445-Desmatosuchus-1-40-scale-non-dinosaur-figure-Replicasaurus-/281740874705?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41991093d1

And for a ridiculously low start bid.

I will judge if no one here picks it up, because it is a great figure. ;)

Gwangi

Quote from: Simon on July 06, 2015, 04:05:17 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 06, 2015, 01:46:00 AM

The funny thing is .... you can get the ENTIRE 18-piece set AND the ENTIRE 11-piece MINI set for about a grand total ($1000) from a guy in Canada ....

.... Now, I have no inside knowledge here whatsoever, and feel free to disagree, but I am getting a "sixth sense" that Battat might not re-release the entire series again .... again, no info, just a "feeling" on my part .... I would be holding on to those if I had them .... just a hunch ....

I hope that I am wrong about that, I really do ....

I'm a little worried about that too but only time will tell. We've seen the re-paints already so at least we have that much. I'm trying to stay optimistic.

DinoLord

On the JPtoys forum someone's posted pictures of a reissued Carnotaurus they bought at Target recently - hopefully they're finally starting to trickle out. I will say though that this is the most Battat auctions I've ever seen up at once since I started collecting 5 years ago.

CityRaptor

It might have to do with Jurassic World being so popular, meaning a popularity boost for Dinosaurs.  Or people getting cold feeth because of the re-issues.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoLord on July 06, 2015, 07:52:19 PM
On the JPtoys forum someone's posted pictures of a reissued Carnotaurus they bought at Target recently - hopefully they're finally starting to trickle out. I will say though that this is the most Battat auctions I've ever seen up at once since I started collecting 5 years ago.

I picked up the Carnotaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Amargasaurus today at Target..looks like they had 1 of each? The older figures were on sale for 5.99 but these were 7.99. 

Invicta Hunter

Invicta Hunter

stargatedalek

Invicta Hunter

QuoteThat is definitely not kaiyodo...

Yeah it's not Kaiyodo, that's for sure.
I think it's made by a company called Excite. The figure came in a set of six i think and they didn't sell for much.
Now that they don't make them anymore they've become quite rare and a lot of collectors are after them.

Alexxitator

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on July 12, 2015, 07:04:37 PM
QuoteThat is definitely not kaiyodo...

Yeah it's not Kaiyodo, that's for sure.
I think it's made by a company called Excite. The figure came in a set of six i think and they didn't sell for much.
Now that they don't make them anymore they've become quite rare and a lot of collectors are after them.
The name Excite is richt in front of the rest. I see very often sellers who try to get their goods pop up in specific search queries. Names like Dinotales, Kaiyodo are very often used to promote Takara Tomy and others.
Like here, who knows what he is buying anymore? http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Kaiyodo-Yujin-Colorata-Dinotales-Japan-Only-Blue-Allosaurus-Dinosaur-Figure-/190645782315?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c635fc72b
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

CityRaptor

Also Jurassic Park and Jurassic World. Some item titles are extremely spammed.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoLord

Normally I'm all for feathered dinosaurs but this guy looks a bit silly...

tyrantqueen

Quote from: DinoLord on July 17, 2015, 08:29:42 PM
The paintwork is great. The feathers...not so much.

sauroid

it's a mess. looks like a balding rainbow colored feather duster
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Alexxitator

Quote from: sauroid on July 21, 2015, 12:32:20 PM
it's a mess. looks like a balding rainbow colored feather duster
The paintjob is, indeed, superb! The feathers... anutter story entirely
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: