News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

Here is a cheap lot with no bids that includes original Battat Acrocanthosaurus, Carnegie Dilophosaurus and Carnegie Camarasaurus.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lot-26-Toy-Dinosaurs-Vintage-Plastic-Toys-/161841598849?hash=item25ae82d181

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

What's going on here? Repaints or bootlegs? The lighting makes it hard to tell.

*link removed*

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 11, 2015, 02:29:17 AM
What's going on here? Repaints or bootlegs? The lighting makes it hard to tell.

The models themselves look legit to me, these must be custom repaints. Not bad either from what I can tell.

Dan

Those particular repaints might be "legit", but that seller is a different story. Collectors may remember the "Cattoys" alias used by the recasting company out of China - they were the ones that recast the Krentz Sideshow Tyrannosaurus - and they operate in the US under the Ebay handle "showzcw145". Anyone buying from this seller is supporting illegal recasting. It may also be wise to avoid sharing links to this seller's listings on this forum. If anyone wishes to help, using the "Report item" link may bring Ebay's attention to this seller; this can be done with any number of the listings, some of which even include "recast" in the title.

tyrantqueen

Okay, I had no idea. I didn't plan on buying anyway but now I'll avoid purchasing anything else from the seller's listings also. I'll remove the link in my post so they don't get free advertising :P

Gwangi

Good to know! I wonder if a thread devoted to exposing shady vendors would be something useful to have around here?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on October 11, 2015, 05:05:08 AM
Good to know! I wonder if a thread devoted to exposing shady vendors would be something useful to have around here?
Can you remove my link from the quoted post in your reply also? Thanks :)

*also, reported seller to eBay*

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 11, 2015, 05:08:05 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 11, 2015, 05:05:08 AM
Can you remove my link from the quoted post in your reply also? Thanks :)

*also, reported seller to eBay*

Done!

DinoToyForum

Fukuiraptor

SBell

DinoToyForum

tyrantqueen

It looks like a Grey from the front :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

I liked him when I was little..went along with a kid's songs tape I had... " Trachy, Trachy, Trachodon. Feeding in the tropic sun. Inside your big , broad duck billed jaws..you have more teeth than anyone! "

Shame my uncle used him for target practice with his bow.. :/

tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Mike Fredericks is selling a whole boatload of rare kits right now, including discontinued Foulkes and Salas dinosaurs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pretimes/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

DinoToyForum

postsaurischian

tyrantqueen

I'm glad I'm not involved in that struggle.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: