News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

CityRaptor

Woah! I think that beats the WWD Ornithocheirus, but is still less than the JP Ornithosuchus I saw once.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Still waiting for David Krentz to release Judith v2.0

I'm guessing it's on the back burner for now though...

Simon

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 24, 2015, 06:54:50 PM
Woah! I think that beats the WWD Ornithocheirus, but is still less than the JP Ornithosuchus I saw once.

You're comparing apples and oranges.  The WWD Ornithoceirus is just a PVC toy.

Krentz's "dancing" Gorgosaurus Judith is a high-end resin sculpt, and the most desireable resin sculpts in 1/20 scale always sell for hundreds of dollars ... sometimes thousands, depending on the rarity of the piece ....

stargatedalek

I seem to recall a particularly rare JP Ornithosuchus reaching a few thousand dollars.

CityRaptor

Yep. And that one was intended as a toy.  I'm aware that the Gorgosaurus wasn't. 
Oh no

CityRaptor

Oh no

Shuvuuia

Found a battered Battat Diplo for sale. Might be able to clean it up, but it seems better suited for a repaint in my opinion. Sorry for mobile link.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1994-Battat-Boston-Museum-hard-plastic-Diplodocus-standing-on-hind-legs-/151899207222?nav=SEARCH

Ikessauro

Quote from: Shuvuuia on November 29, 2015, 08:36:38 PM
Found a battered Battat Diplo for sale. Might be able to clean it up, but it seems better suited for a repaint in my opinion. Sorry for mobile link.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1994-Battat-Boston-Museum-hard-plastic-Diplodocus-standing-on-hind-legs-/151899207222?nav=SEARCH

I guess that won't sell for that much, with the chance that Battat may re-release it for the Terra Series.

Shuvuuia

Buy it now price definitely not, but the low end of the bidding could definitely be reasonable. I'm holding off simply because I'm not confident enough to paint it myself.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

I'm really hoping they release it as part of the Terra Series, it's a great model. Until Battat confirms whether or not they will be re releasing it, I'm not really willing to shell out that kind of cash.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

CityRaptor

Talk about bid wars. It started at 50 Euros. At least it is far more reasonable than the last one.
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 04, 2015, 06:24:56 PM
Talk about bid wars. It started at 50 Euros. At least it is far more reasonable than the last one.

Still, already more expensive than it ought to be. ::)

MLMjp

I´m getting tired of the overpriced running t.rex

But it looks soo good.:-X

CityRaptor

Quote from: Roselaar on December 04, 2015, 10:10:18 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on December 04, 2015, 06:24:56 PM

Still, already more expensive than it ought to be. ::)

True.

Personally I prefer it in green anyways and would never spend that much on a sinlge figure to begin with.
Oh no

Moodyraptor

I gotta say, I prefer it in green too.  But I prefer the sitting rex in brown. 

Is the brown running model identical to the green apart from colour?  It looks more robustly built in some pictures, but I can't quite tell. 

stargatedalek

That seller timed it perfectly too, just as anyone looking for one on eBay was about to give up after seeing the $8k listing they get bold and overbid on that one.

UK

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 04, 2015, 10:52:12 PM
That seller timed it perfectly too, just as anyone looking for one on eBay was about to give up after seeing the $8k listing they get bold and overbid on that one.

Having chatted with the lad, he is very charming and was quite unaware that this bidding war would happen. I am glad for him that his timing does seem perfect and that demand is there to enable him to buy his family some Christmas presents as well as saving a little money towards his college.

Whilst I would never entertain paying such a price, it's nice to see someone deserving benefit once in a while.

stargatedalek

I didn't mean to imply any ill-intention on his part. Even if he had intended this bidding war that earns him nothing but respect for a well timed sale.

It's never the fault of the seller if someone overpays for something.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: