News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

I have yet to find bargain dinosaur toy figures on Ebay, but just recently, I was able to win bargain hard to find Marvel items.  Maybe I just have to wait.

Although, I do get dino figures at really low and reasonabke prices here in my country.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on October 26, 2016, 06:36:55 AM
What is so special about these two - that got them such a high starting price :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-ultra-rare-dinosaur-figures-from-Kokoro-of-Japan-T-rex-and-Triceratops/222290284202?_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D777003%26algo%3DDISCL.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D39650%26meid%3D07bef9ddfb1e46f4ab69e6096f5f8c0f%26pid%3D100012%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D371767001405

Has anyone ever heard of this set, what it combines of and the quality of the models ?

I've never seen those figures before. They don't look too bad, but I wouldn't pick them up because of rarity alone.

brettnj

I asked my source about these.  Will update.

Invicta Hunter

They both look good but i dont think their really worth that price plus they are missing their bases.

triceratops83

I was going to bid on these - that Triceratops is fantastic - but the seller doesn't offer international shipping. Does anyone know why some sellers don't ship overseas? I've missed out on a couple of cool things from Ebay over the years because of this.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

stargatedalek

Quote from: triceratops83 on October 26, 2016, 03:58:47 PM
I was going to bid on these - that Triceratops is fantastic - but the seller doesn't offer international shipping. Does anyone know why some sellers don't ship overseas? I've missed out on a couple of cool things from Ebay over the years because of this.
Some sellers just don't include it in their listings but likely would check if you showed interest, others don't want to take the chance of negative feedback if a product is lost during international shipping, and others don't include it because they feel high shipping prices being visible could discourage intranational buyers,

BlueKrono

Saw this today and couldn't believe my eyes. The Sideshow Mosasaurus originally sold for $300 new from the company and here they've got 3 (out of only 400 pieces made) listed for only $200. Now I'm kicking myself for buying it from Sideshow, but I honestly thought they would only go up in price, especially after selling out, which they have. It seems too good to be true, but the seller has over 5,000 feedback and 100% positive. As someone who owns both the original color and this gold one I can say this sculpt is fantastic... and with its vertical orientation doesn't take up as much space as this long serpentine animal otherwise might on a collector's shelf. ;) If you can drop that kind of change, I would highly recommend this piece, and you're not going to find it cheaper than this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOSASAUR-STATUE-SIDESHOW-DINOSAURIA-BOWEN-AMBER-VERSION-LIMITED-TO-400-SOLD-OUT-/361788172905?hash=item543c416a69:g:GwwAAOSwanRXg5Yp
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 27, 2016, 05:34:28 AM
Saw this today and couldn't believe my eyes. The Sideshow Mosasaurus originally sold for $300 new from the company and here they've got 3 (out of only 400 pieces made) listed for only $200. Now I'm kicking myself for buying it from Sideshow, but I honestly thought they would only go up in price, especially after selling out, which they have. It seems too good to be true, but the seller has over 5,000 feedback and 100% positive. As someone who owns both the original color and this gold one I can say this sculpt is fantastic... and with its vertical orientation doesn't take up as much space as this long serpentine animal otherwise might on a collector's shelf. ;) If you can drop that kind of change, I would highly recommend this piece, and you're not going to find it cheaper than this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOSASAUR-STATUE-SIDESHOW-DINOSAURIA-BOWEN-AMBER-VERSION-LIMITED-TO-400-SOLD-OUT-/361788172905?hash=item543c416a69:g:GwwAAOSwanRXg5Yp

They also want $55 import charges and $60 shipping, to the UK anyway. I backed out of the order because it exceeded $300 in the end, but it is still a good deal given its rarity.

triceratops83

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 26, 2016, 06:13:52 PM
Some sellers just don't include it in their listings but likely would check if you showed interest, others don't want to take the chance of negative feedback if a product is lost during international shipping, and others don't include it because they feel high shipping prices being visible could discourage intranational buyers,

Good points. I didn't check with them but it said specifically that they didn't offer international postage. I thought they might treat me as a fool if I asked regardless. I guess it's too late now, the auction's nearly over and I'd be looking at over 200 bucks for it, not including potential postage.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

BlueKrono

Wow, those import charges are deadly, and even the standard shipping alone is more than double what it is in the States! Still, new from Sideshow I think the shipping was about $30, so really anything less than about $330 would be par for the course on this statue.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

triceratops83

Archinto

Those are made from the sinclair dinosaur molds. Those look to possibly be the later dfc castings from the late 70's early 80's. You can find originals for cheaper than that. They areabout the size of the Marx and Mpc figures
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

triceratops83

Quote from: Archinto on October 28, 2016, 08:49:25 PM
Those are made from the sinclair dinosaur molds. Those look to possibly be the later dfc castings from the late 70's early 80's. You can find originals for cheaper than that. They areabout the size of the Marx and Mpc figures

Thanks for the info. I was hoping they were Sinclairs, but I won't bother with them if they are knockoffs.

Archinto

Cant get the link on my mobile, but ebay item #192015270578

Cheap price, theres an interesting plesiosaur in this lot for those interested
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

BlueKrono

Archinto

I already tried. He wants $50 for it.

Edit: guy made me a good deal on this and one other figure, so call this bad boy mine!itll look so rad on my big sauropods shelf

docronnie

Congrats Archinto! :-)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Archinto

The seller has another Tsukuda available. The shipping to the USA is insanely cheap from that seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TSUKUDA-vintage-Brontosaurus-dinosaur-figure-model-toy/322315789081

I dint really like that he used the same photos as my won auction though. I trust the guy, as Ive bought from them before, but .... jeez lazy lolol :p

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: