News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Quote from: Archinto on January 07, 2017, 03:15:43 PM
This brown running rex is a fair bit less expensive... It is also new with tags... Have fun

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/NEW-Papo-Official-2012-Brown-Running-T-rex-Tyrannosaurus-rex-RARE-Dinosaur/172471612949?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D39923%26meid%3D4c25672b280d4b0684cf4110dd42e3c3%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D172471616416

We know, the fact that this auction was already posted earlier is what started the discussion on the price of the T.rex.

EDIT: Let's wait for 3 more days and see if the price stays this low.

Archinto

lol... I should have read a little closer  ::) hehehe I mistook the posted auction photo for a current screenshot of the dinosaur in question... I just looked at the date on it... lol tee hee

Yeah, Im sure it will go for crazy$$$$$$$
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Reptilia

The price will certainly sky-rocket at some point, gonna watch the auction for mere curiosity.

dinoman626

That's a good price for the PNSO Chungkingosaurus  ;D
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162336009066

Reptilia

Quote from: dinoman626 on January 19, 2017, 06:48:49 AM

Considering what they are I think that PNSO models are the most overpriced around.

Flaffy

Quote from: Reptilia on January 19, 2017, 01:20:02 PM

Considering what they are I think that PNSO models are the most overpriced around.
Not if you buy it from TaoBao  ;)

BlueKrono

How can I buy from TaoBao?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Simon

*chuckle*

Well, I will venture a guess that if you had the Huanghetitan, Chunkingosaurus or the Triceratops on your desk right now looking at you, you might change your mind.

Large-scale, almost-resin like detail, for a quarter of the price of a resin kit the same size.  A good deal to me. (And if you order from Tao Bao, embarassingly cheap for what you get. Me - I'm too impatient plus fearful that they might not be out for very long, so I've gotten them through amazon.uk at what I still consider to be quite reasonable prices...)

Reptilia

A few of their models are eye-catching (Chunkingosaurus, Basilosaurus and Megalodon), but still hollow plastic with visible seams. They should go with solid PVC figures, downsizing them a bit, and I could find them interesting. At least those at the level of the aforementioned three, for example their sauropods are awfully shrink wrapped and have a rather approximate head sculpt.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Simon on January 19, 2017, 03:00:53 PM
Well, I will venture a guess that if you had the Huyangosaurus, Chunkingosaurus or the Triceratops on your desk right now looking at you, you might change your mind.

I'm intrigued - is the limited edition Huayangosaurus actually sitting on your desk right now?! (If you don't me being curious.)

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 19, 2017, 05:43:02 PM
Well, I will venture a guess that if you had the Huyangosaurus, Chunkingosaurus or the Triceratops on your desk right now looking at you, you might change your mind.

I'm intrigued - is the limited edition Huayangosaurus actually sitting on your desk right now?! (If you don't me being curious.)

I expect he meant Huanghetitan.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

tanystropheus

Totally worth the price.

The PNSO Chungkingosaurus is like a Sideshow but 1/4th the price. I have the Sideshow Mosasaurus. They are comparable. The only difference is that the PNSO is hollow and the colors are a bit subdued. However, the new 'Wilson' model is definitely overpriced.

Simon

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 19, 2017, 09:41:23 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on January 19, 2017, 05:43:02 PM

I expect he meant Huanghetitan.

Thanks for correcting my mistake.  Huanghetitan is what I meant. 

Reptilia

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 19, 2017, 10:57:30 PM
The PNSO Chungkingosaurus is like a Sideshow but 1/4th the price. I have the Sideshow Mosasaurus. They are comparable. The only difference is that the PNSO is hollow and the colors are a bit subdued. However, the new 'Wilson' model is definitely overpriced.

Sideshows are statues, in my opinion they are only comparable with other statues (Chronicles, for example). The fact that PNSO are made of hollow plastic is really off putting for me. I would rather buy a Sideshow than four or five PNSO models.

Simon

Totally worth the price.

The reason that the new "Wilson" (was it supposed to be WINSTON I wonder) TRex is overpriced is because of the packaging, the booklet and photo cards, as well as the base.  If they decided later to offer it as just the TRex model the price will probably drop by half.

Having said that, mine is on its way from China, and I will give you my thoughts once it arrives here.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Simon on January 20, 2017, 02:37:11 AM

Totally worth the price.

The reason that the new "Wilson" (was it supposed to be WINSTON I wonder) TRex is overpriced is because of the packaging, the booklet and photo cards, as well as the base.  If they decided later to offer it as just the TRex model the price will probably drop by half.

Having said that, mine is on its way from China, and I will give you my thoughts once it arrives here.

Yes, I am really looking forward to your assessment. 'Wilson' looks promising. I do hope they rerelease the model without the extra packaging materials and inserts, but I would still like the base. Perhaps, they could bring down the price to $90.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 24, 2017, 04:12:01 PM
WWD Liopleurodon: http://www.ebay.com/itm/282335042721

I'm astounded no one would pay $40 for this. I paid a fair bit more for mine years ago. If I didn't have one a'ready...
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BlueKrono

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: