News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Incudes a marine reptile that I'm after, but I decided against it because it costs too much for the whole lot plus shipping to UK. Someone here might be interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sanrio-Dinosaurs-Dino-Dinomighties-10-Mini-Toy-Figures-Multicolored-Lot/183349003132

DinoToyForum

New Vitae dinosaurs now on Ebay with free shipping: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1312.R1.TR11.TRC3.A0.H0.Xvitae.TRS1.TSS0&_nkw=vitae+dinosaur&_sacat=3230

Includes: Chilantaisaurus, Wuerhosaurus, Zhejiangosaurus, Majungasaurus, Sinoceratops, Zhejiangopterus, Sinraptor

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ivysaur on July 29, 2018, 05:54:07 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 29, 2018, 01:55:46 PM
New Vitae dinosaurs now on Ebay with free shipping: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1312.R1.TR11.TRC3.A0.H0.Xvitae.TRS1.TSS0&_nkw=vitae+dinosaur&_sacat=3230

Includes: Chilantaisaurus, Wuerhosaurus, Zhejiangosaurus, Majungasaurus, Sinoceratops, Zhejiangopterus, Sinraptor

I bet the shipping is included in the price?

Definitely. But it is simpler that way. :)

DinoToyForum

Halichoeres

Quote from: SidB on July 26, 2018, 09:50:35 PM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres - by the way, congratulations on reaching the 5000 post mark. Hope that the air isn't too thin that high up the mountain!

Holy cow, thanks! Must not be too thin, as I still find the voice to shout into the wind about new paleontological discoveries...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

Dinosaurs of China, the book I wrote to accompany last year's Dinosaurs of China exhibition at Nottingham Natural History Museum, Wollaton Hall, is now being sold via Nottingham Museums on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/113171169001

Seven quid is a bargain. Bonus - it has a picture of me in it.  :P

Libraraptor

Libraraptor

Never heard of these two lines,  but they are very interesting.  If it wasn't for the money...I mean Kokoro and Sun and Brownie.

DinoToyForum

I've been researching Funrise for an upcoming Dinotoyblog review and came across this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FUNRISE-INTERNATIONAL-ANIMAL-COLLECTION-DINOSAURS/232880483808?hash=item3638c22de0:g:LlMAAOSwp7Fad6hh

Wow. I suppose their marketing team took it to meetings with customers. :D  I was tempted myself but, as usual, extortionate shipping costs and risk of heavy customs fees from the USA mean that Ebay.com is basically out of bounds for me. Someone should really snap up this unique piece.

IrritatorRaji

First time I've come across packaging that resembles a brief case :o How old or rare is this set? Call me out of touch but they kinda just look like your run-of-the-mill chinasaurs...

Ravonium

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on September 01, 2018, 01:26:53 PM
First time I've come across packaging that resembles a brief case :o How old or rare is this set? Call me out of touch but they kinda just look like your run-of-the-mill chinasaurs...

Based on the product description and the years I've most commonly seen mentioned alongside Funrise on the DTF and on TAI, they're around 30 years old. I'm not able to give you a exact answer on rarity, but I'll put it this way; they're not just 'slightly rare'.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Ravonium on September 01, 2018, 01:53:17 PM
Based on the product description and the years I've most commonly seen mentioned alongside Funrise on the DTF and on TAI, they're around 30 years old. I'm not able to give you a exact answer on rarity, but I'll put it this way; they're not just 'slightly rare'.

Ahh, I see! I guess I'm just not in the market for these guys, but I guess to a lot of people these are real beauts, huh?

Ravonium

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on September 01, 2018, 01:57:14 PM
Ahh, I see! I guess I'm just not in the market for these guys, but I guess to a lot of people these are real beauts, huh?

Apparently so, but there is also a large community of people who think the same about these figures as you do (myself included), but they're largely outspoken  :P

DinoToyForum

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on September 01, 2018, 01:26:53 PM

It isn't packaging. I think it is a briefcase of samples.

BrontoScorpio

These are mear 'Chinasaurs' , like this example or that example .

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on September 01, 2018, 03:43:02 PM
These are mear 'Chinasaurs' , like this example or that example .

Thanks for the links, but they are not 'Chinasaurs', they are Funrise figures. Similarly, Safari Ltd, CollectA, and many other well known toy brands are made in China and embossed accordingly, but that doesn't make them 'Chinasaurs'. If you just meant that they are poorly made or ugly, since when did 'Chinasaur' become a derogatory term? If people use it as such then that's a misuse of the word. 'Chinasaur' simply means a figure is unbranded, or the brand is unknown. Such figures may or may not be godawful.

Also, the lot I linked to is obviously special, since it is a complete set arranged in a bespoke officially branded briefcase, which I don't think was ever commercially available and could well be a one of a kind. I've never seen one before, have you?

Josesaurus rex

Look, I saw this lot on ebay. I share it for those who look for good dinosaurs. It is an auction and is about to end soon.

Of the important thing that I have seen there are:

Triceratops and Utahraptor Battat

Several safari Carnegie and museum exhibus (I do not know if it will be well written, I hope it is understood).

Mira esto en eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/163222703434

And this other lot with a Carnegie Carnotaurus, Safari Apatosaurus, and much.

Mira esto en eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/253833531113

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: